I just wanna bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Right, and free two day delivery from Amazon Prime must really add to the stress of delivery. Amazon loses around $2 billion a year on Prime, but USPS, etc. still have to deliver in two days.

walrus

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also, I’ve seen more and more use of UPS and Fedex SurePost/Mail Innovations where they dump the packages on the USPS for final deliver, further overloading them, which has changed from previous seasons.

Not looking to to get better.

FedEx SmartPost is the worst! Remember this one from FB Chris? This is where it took a package a week to go less than ten miles (by way of Pennsylvania).

23794804_10214943843335495_3698938423285059184_n.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
FedEx SmartPost is the worst! Remember this one from FB Chris? This is where it took a package a week to go less than ten miles (by way of Pennsylvania).

23794804_10214943843335495_3698938423285059184_n.jpg

Local news featured a story, with happy ending, about a custom wedding gown that was going coast to coast. It took four weeks and apparently crossed the country twice.

This is why if you are really serious about packing you remove all prior bar codes and shipping labels or just don't reuse boxes.

bobouz

Reaction score
Just had to come back to this thread to mention:

In two successive weeks, I've ordered SKB cases from GC, whom I believe ships from the same warehouse in Kansas City as MF.

The orders were placed on Wednesday evening, shipped via USPS on Thursday, and arrived at our little post office here on the Oregon Coast on Monday. Considering the weekend & holiday crunch, that's seems pretty darn impressive - to do it so well not once, but twice!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Well, the Finesse is still not here. My mailman told me this afternoon, that as he was leaving this morning on this round, the staff gave him my guitar to put in his van. But it didn't fit, what with all the other boxes. He told me that his supervsor said she would send out another guy in a rented van to deliver it. Well, it hasn't arrived 6:48pm. I'm thinking tomorrow! One full week from Michigan to Virginia, via priority mail! Geez!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just had to come back to this thread to mention:

In two successive weeks, I've ordered SKB cases from GC, whom I believe ships from the same warehouse in Kansas City as MF.

The orders were placed on Wednesday evening, shipped via USPS on Thursday, and arrived at our little post office here on the Oregon Coast on Monday. Considering the weekend & holiday crunch, that's seems pretty darn impressive - to do it so well not once, but twice!

I'm happy for you. I just wish I were as happy for myself and my customers.

bobouz

Reaction score
I'm happy for you. I just wish I were as happy for myself and my customers.

Richard & Rich, there's clearly something that's not right, and I'd guess the originating location is most likely the culprit.

Hope that guitar arrives safe & sound tomorrow. Actually, I didn't even know USPS delivers large packages to your door. All I've ever experienced is a note in the PO Box, telling you if you want your package, come & get it!

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Okay, the Finesse arrived late last night (7:30pm). I was in my office (in the house) and didn't realize the USPS guy was at the front door. Neither did my dogs, who normally act as my "doorbell." What happened, I think, is the delivery guy was in such a rush and didn't even bother knocking...just left the guitar on the front porch, even though he was supposed to get a signature. Brought it inside (it was 39 degrees outside), left it to get acclimated to the house temp, and left for an open mic I was playing at. Around 11:30 I returned and opened the box. Everything was in good shape (phew). I'll post pics of the Finesse tomorrow. She's a rare bird...."understated elegance" as Richard Peterson says. More anon...

Rich Cohen

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The last guitar I shipped was to a Fedex service center for pickup. Leaving a guitar on the porch is asking for trouble from the elements to thieves.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Well I just ordered some lip balm from Amazon Prime yesterday and they promised me that it would be here today. Just sayin' lol. In all seriousness....I was cutting it very close with a guitar shipped to me last week....it is cold....carriers are busy....I don't dare GAS right now as I don't want to deal with the mental anguish of shipping or receiving a guitar until after the Holidays. Our expectations have become such that a 10+ day ship time...particularly of a wood guitar in low temperatures...may require a xanax prescription for both Sender and Recipient.