Posting pics using Wordpress

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought I’d post a primer on how to post pics using the blog service Wordpress. Setting up and using a Wordpress account is free and you get 3GB of storage space, which will hold plenty of pics. You don’t even have to publish your pics on a webpage if you don’t want.

First, go to http://Wordpress.com and register for a free website. Then, make sure to respond to the confirmation email to go live.
Next, when you log in and select your site, scroll down the menu on the left and click on “Dashboard”.
img_0751.jpg

That will bring you to a similar menu, where you’ll select “Media”, and then “Add new”.
img_0752.jpg

From there, you can select your pic to upload from your device or computer. After it uploads, you’ll see your media library. Select the pic you want to post, and then click “Edit”.
img_0753.jpg

That will bring up an edit menu, where you can copy the pic’s web address.
img_0754.jpg

Paste it into your post here, using the “image” icon, and you’re done!

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, just reply to this post.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Screenshots from an iPad using Safari. Phone and desktop versions may vary, but will all work similarly.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am amused. I just started this process yesterday, before I saw this post. I guess I need to find some pictures :)

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Since Wordpress’ business model isn’t pic hosting, but all the advertising on the websites that use it (and premium upgrades for them), there shouldn’t be the same issues of pay-to-host that we’ve seen with Photobucket, Imageshack, etc..., whose business model is only to make money off of the pics.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Howdy

Thank you SOOOOO much

Here goes with my new toy - a cheapo "Cabin Guitar" - China-made D-125

img_2800.jpg

A second look

img_2802.jpg

And finally humbly seeking approval from "Old Lady" - 1977 F-512 - notice the volume and tone controls - factory assembled afterwards

img_2803.jpg

These pics were taken with iPhone 4S without any daylight - so they are somewhat grainy - after all, this is in living room, not photostudio ...

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Howdy

Thank you SOOOOO much

These pics were taken with iPhone 4S without any daylight - so they are somewhat grainy - after all, this is in living room, not photostudio ...
What, you mean you don’t have tons of daylight up there during this time of year?!?:cold:

Glad I could help get the flow of pics going again. Nice 512!