Help finding info on what I think is an 84 S-280!!

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this whole forum thing as well as this forum itself. I need any and all info anyone can give me on the vintage guild S-280 Flyer. I am purchasing one this Saturday, 12/16/17. I’ve come across a couple of pictures that show the S-281 has a different headstock as the S-280. Also, the guitar I am aquiring has a polyurethane ZEBRA STRIPED top. I cannot find pictures of this guitar anywhere on the internet. I need help finding more information on the model and specs and the whole 9 yards!!!

Thanks!!!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this whole forum thing as well as this forum itself. I need any and all info anyone can give me on the vintage guild S-280 Flyer. I am purchasing one this Saturday, 12/16/17. I’ve come across a couple of pictures that show the S-281 has a different headstock as the S-280. Also, the guitar I am aquiring has a polyurethane ZEBRA STRIPED top. I cannot find pictures of this guitar anywhere on the internet. I need help finding more information on the model and specs and the whole 9 yards!!!

Thanks!!!

Welcome aboard James!
Yep those wild finishes are rare and wonderful.
If you haven't done some lurking and reading already, then I can vouch that GAD is the resident '80's Guild electric freak, I suspect he probably knows more about 'em than anybody except another member we all respect, Hans Moust, who wrote the Guild Guitar Book.
Sadly that only covers up to '78 and we're anxiously awaiting the next volume, but are starting to realize what a staggering task it must be trying to organize all the variations Guild casually tossed about in the '80's.
Good luck with the acquisition and I might even suggest asking GAD if he might be available by phone in case unexpected questions come up at purchase time.
There's a "Private Message" function button at the top of the Forum Home page.