Thunder T-1 Twin amp speaker impedence

powdog

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a Thunder T-1 twin amp that is missing its speakers. Any idea what impedence the original speakers were? Secondary impedence of the output transformer? Thanks for the help!

matsickma

Reaction score
I owned one years ago but the speakers were shot. I ended up modifying the amp by replacing the 2-10's with a single vintage 15. My memory says I installed a 8 Ohm 15 inch speaker so the 10's would have been 4 Ohm in series or 16 in parallel.
I'm sure that doesn't help much as it is based on memory.
I will check around to see if I have a record of the mod. It would be in an old ebay write-up.
M

matsickma

Reaction score
I found a picture on ebay and the speaker shows the speakers wired in parallel.

I sent the seller, The Blackrider, a message asking for speaker info. Years ago I bought a few Bigsbys from him si maybe he will help.

M

powdog

Reaction score
Yea, I already asked that guy and he’s acting like it’s a National secret.

I did find a site that says the OT secondary was 8 ohms for the 12” speaker and 4 ohms for the 2x10”. Don’t know why someone would make something like that up.

matsickma

Reaction score
Come to think of it... I think their is a schematic floating around out there that shows both speaker options.
M

powdog

Reaction score
Did that schematic ever surface? I’ve never found a definitive answer to the 2x10” speaker impedence.

cheers.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I suspect it's a four ohm load. I've never seen a Guild amp with two speakers with anything other than a couple of 8 ohms in parallel.