You Know You Got GAS when:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You are watching all these Christmas musicals on TV and you get a little aggrevated when the camera doesn't zoom in on guitar headstock. I know the performers are professionals but what guitars are they all playing?

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I believe there is about a zero% chance that every member on this forum does not have the occasional, and most probably constant, case of GAS.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am GAS personified. Hell, I am the Guitar Acquisition Disorder.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD is most often what gives a good number of us GAS. Only strong doses of logic and lack of another storage rack seem to help the condition.

Yes, I often look at headstocks, and wish for a better shot of them in videos. Trying to see if it's a Guild. Ovations are easy to pick out, but knowing WHICH one is hard.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
As has been said above.... I'm in the middle of moving and it's HELL and I'm trying to figure out where my current guitars are going and then.... some guitar shows up and ..... don't even start with me.... okay?? I mean.... jeeze!! Richard.. if you have room and money to buy... then buy!! But that's coming from me....

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
You are watching all these Christmas musicals on TV and you get a little aggrevated when the camera doesn't zoom in on guitar headstock. I know the performers are professionals but what guitars are they all playing?

I share the same sense of frustration and curiosity, but I confess it has not risen to the level of GAS. I guess some of us window shop with no intention of buying :)

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Another symptom of GAS for me, anyway, is have my mind made up to spend "X" amount on a Guild and see one that cost $200 more and convince myself "THAT" is the guitar I really want. Lack of self discipline has made me have post GAS. Never bought one I didn't like just liked some bettter than others.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You Know You Got GAS when....

....you just bought another guitar.

swsd03.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have enough issues with GAS as it is. I convince myself there is a method to my madness. I too find myself looking at the Specials and whenever there is Music being played on the TV I always look to see if there are any Guilds in the mix. Thankfully though I never have interest in purchasing an instrument because any particular artist is playing it. I am more interested in the overall tone and how much the Guild is contributing to the overall sound. For me it is more about, "That is a Good sounding Guild" as opposed to "I have to run out and buy that guitar".

TX

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
There are two types of movies where I find myself scanning the bandstand to see what types of guitars are being played:

The old B&W films from the '30's and '40's in which there is a scene with a Big Band/Swing orchestra. The arched-top guitars most often spotted are a Gibson or a Epiphone (Guild heritage!). Every now and then there is a Gretsch.

The other is the Beach Party/Surf/Rock & Roll movies from the '60's. There is almost always some cool, vintage Fender gear. Funny thing is, that at the time the movie was made, the guitars and amps were current models!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I’ve been passing gas for way to long I think it’s a result of my spicy chicken soup . I make 3 Gal at a time or more then freeze it then pull out a bowl for dinner , lots of dinner lots of , so yeah guitar head stocks on Tv thing that’s some anti free advertising thing though I’m not sure and yes I always want to buy a new guitar because I know the day will come when I’ll be lucky to play and that will truly sadden my heart . I guess do it while you can .
😁

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not adverse to new guitars but I just moved and currently own two homes. Not only am I broke, but this is my biggest closet in the dreaded "downsize"!!

2ijF4I.jpg

And one guitar (Don's Martin kit he built) is in the Atrium with no case. So where, OH where and I gonna put a new guitar??

Lemme finish getting settled and get a house sold.... I'll find a spot. LMAO!!

Keep the dream alive, kids!!

:encouragement:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not adverse to new guitars but I just moved and currently own two homes. Not only am I broke, but this is my biggest closet in the dreaded "downsize"!!

2ijF4I.jpg

And one guitar (Don's Martin kit he built) is in the Atrium with no case. So where, OH where and I gonna put a new guitar??

Put in a nice sturdy shelf and you could double the number of guitars in that pic! :cool:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score

2ijF4I.jpg

The cases impress me!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I share the same sense of frustration and curiosity, but I confess it has not risen to the level of GAS. I guess some of us window shop with no intention of buying :)

Well there's at least 2 of us then.
I will confess every once in a while I see something I'd pounce on if money and space were no object.
Maybe four or 5 times since I joined?
Actually if money was no object then space wouldn't be either.

Reaction score

2ijF4I.jpg

Kindly update your signature to reflect the proper number of guitar cases you own.

matsickma

Reaction score
I had told my wife I was going to downsize the number of guitars when I turn 62. I'm 63+ and ended up adding 4 or 5 more this year.
I have to admit to getting a bit tired of moving them.
New goal...65 reduce number of guitars by 50%.
M