You Know You Got GAS when:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, as noted before...the number of guitar cases shown do not match the pieces in your signature...you holdin' out on us, bro'?

PS: In the spirit of full disclosure, I have edited my signature.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Bill, Happy Holidays, amigo!! I hope everything was copacetic with you and yours!! Here's the thing, full disclosure may be less exciting than you think. So here we go!!

Photo:
2ijF4I.jpg

Keep in mind there's two people here. So left to right:
1) McSpadden Mountain Dulcimer, teardrop shape in walnut with a spruce top. 1972.
2) Don's Mitsuru Tamura rosewood and Spruce Classical guitar he bought in Vietnam in 1965.
3) Washburn EA-20 acoustic electric.
4) Taylor GC8. Rosewood and Spruce grand concert size, fancy trim and short scale with a slotted headstock.
5) Guild DV-72 with original case I bought maybe 7 years ago here in Vegas. Played it tonight!!
6) Guild D-65S - bought new in 1994 at GC in Hollywood. Limited edition #11 of 20. My baby and first guitar I bought.
7) Breedlove Oregon Concert Rogue - the concert limited edition BLUE one!! Play it all the time.
8) Don's Avalon L-32, handcrafted in Ireland. It was the first year that Lowden moved and the craftsmen stayed and made the same guitars. Such a deal. Rosewood and spruce.

I have other closets but you're not getting info on what's in them..... NO WAY!! LMAO!! So see I only list MY guitars. Doesn't mean that's all that's in the house or all I play, ya know?

Plus some of you remember Don's Martin Kit Build! What an amazing guitar that turned out to be!! We play that thing all the time! Rosewood and Spruce! Here's an old photo of it, you may remember.....

mkpool2.jpg

Came in a box, and he turned it into a guitar! With a little help from me. And a super nice one. David (Dadaist) on the forum has played it. But it doesn't have a case and it's in the living room.

Sooooo, are we okay as far as INVENTORY??? LMAO!! You guys, I swear!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That, Tom, is s great post! Been scrolling back and forth counting cases and comparing numbers and descriptions.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
The green case with the multi-color top caught my eye. I knew that there had to be something cool in there! And a teardrop Mountain Dulcimer... Tom you've been holding out on us!

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Naw, not trying to keep anything from ya, Bill. It's just such a long time since I talked about some of these and now with the move, everything is out and piled up so you get to look at the whole pile at once!! :encouragement: