OGD (Original Guild Day)

peashooterjw

Reaction score
This is the first Guild that I ever played. It's around a '73 G-37, and it was my Dad's. He passed away suddenly a month ago, and I brought this home last week. It needs new bridge pins and strings, but it is really solid and still plays well. Pulled out my mirror and looked things over and found a number written on one of the top braces. Kinda neat to think that I'm the first person to see that in over 40 years. Also wondered what of these "relic" lovers would pay to have a new guitar that looks like this? He took care of his guitars, but "made to be played," right? Well, this is 40-something years of "played."
05mGeXH.jpg

P2kDBYq.jpg

1JYLpyZ.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a FINE old BEAUTY!! Fix her up and keep playing, my friend. Great photos!! Those maple dreads are the best!! (Or is that pearwood?) :encouragement:

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very cool guitar with the best kind of history! Good to hear you're taking care of it
and that it will continue to be played. I too have a relic G-37, it's a wonderful guitar.
Enjoy!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sad to hear of your father's death but he left a beautiful instrument that will play you many memories and to think each time you pick it up and play your hands are, only, mirroring where his hands have been. What a great treasure!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss and at the same time excited about your 'new' Guild. This is a venerable guitar that's packed with memories of your Dad and the time he obviously spent with it. I would cherish this one and do whatever it takes to keep it singing.
:encouragement:

Joe

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Wonderful mojo and irreplaceable sentimental value. This will assuredly always be one of your most cherished guitars. I'm sorry to hear about you losing your father and I'm thankful that you have his guitar full of character marks which have been left for you to admire time & time again.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sorry for your Dad's passing, but he left a great gift - as Kitarkus said, "wonderful mojo and irreplaceable sentimental value"...

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I too am sorry for your loss. A G37 is a wonderful Guild and how blessed you are to know that whenever you pick it up to play you will always remember your Pops. May you enjoy it for a long time to come and I know he is happy that it is in your care now.

TX

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Sorry to hear about your dad. That sucks.
I am with Joe, love that thing and do what it takes to bring it back to full glory. I love a good maple Guild.

Reaction score
Condolences to you and your family. You have the perfect heirloom to treasure.