Christmas Guild NGD 2012 F50R Burst

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I traded Beecee here on the forum for this a while back. It was supposed to be a late September Birthday present but it needed a little bit of TLC so I left it with my Luthier when it arrived. Due to the abundance of guitars that went in the drink during the massive flooding down here earlier this year my luthier was severely backed up trying to save as many as he could. Therefore the F50R went from being a September Birthday present to a Christmas present, LOL! It was well worth waiting for as she looks and plays like a guitar that just left the factory!

I had been looking for a New Hartford Burst F50R for awhile to back up my Natural F50R in case anything happened to my Natural model. Let me just say that there is nothing backup about this one. It has that same great magic that many of us have come to love from our New Hartford made instruments with a wonderful balance and clarity to the tone. When strummed it sounds like an orchestra playing along with you. The tone is not as matured as my Natural version but I have 4.5 years of play time in on that one and this one has hardly been played in it's lifetime. I expect it will Blossom just as my other F50R has over time. Thanks to Beecee for giving me an opportunity to have this one. Now On to the Photos!

P.S. I will try to get all of my Guild Jumbos out later today to take a Guild Jumbo Family Holiday picture to post.

9KZ42T.jpg
f45bgk.jpg
zzbwmI.jpg
cxMzWR.jpg
7ekFu4.jpg
eYBdXy.jpg
7Vjulr.jpg
f91Qle.jpg

TX

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nothing to say--just gawking at the beautiful wood. I know the sounds coming from it match.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Oooh, an F-55!! Oh, or is it a JF-55?? Oh, it's a REAL F-50R !!!!! :)

Just playin', TX.

GodDAM that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Beauteous, TX! Congrats.

Does the headstock veneer show any grain in the ebony in person? Can't see any from the pic. I see some beautiful grain in the fretboard.

So nice!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow she is looker. I dig that trc too. Congrats she is an absolute beaut!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oooh, an F-55!! Oh, or is it a JF-55?? Oh, it's a REAL F-50R !!!!! :)

Just playin', TX.

GodDAM that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Beauteous, TX! Congrats.

Does the headstock veneer show any grain in the ebony in person? Can't see any from the pic. I see some beautiful grain in the fretboard.

So nice!

Thanks everyone! Yes Chaz the headstock does show the Grain of the Ebony but it is such a dark grain that it is hard to get it to show up in the photos. The color is almost black with the Grain having the color of Roasted Coffee Beens. It really looks cool. I will try to take a few more photos of the Headstock when I pull the other jumbos out later for a family photo. I love my Fat Bottomed Guilds, Especially the New Hartford ones.:triumphant:

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Man ......... congrats , is that a crack on the neck heal ? LOL I will have one one day ! I WILL !!!! hahahaha :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Man ......... congrats , is that a crack on the neck heal ? LOL I will have one one day ! I WILL !!!! hahahaha :)

Nope, No crack, LOL! Good one Ray. I have no doubt that you will have one of these in the future and I can tell you right now it will be well worth the wait my friend, well worth it!

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone and Happy New Year to all of you as well. Just having a nice relaxing day kicking back watching some football with the two Great Danes passed out on the bed behind me and enjoying some "Break In" playtime on the Burst F50R. It just doesn't get any better than this!

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So which one rules the roost ?

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm Speechless! Talk about bringing in the new year the right way....
Absolutely beautiful.