F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Really nice example of a new Starfire VI
166781022.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in one of these F30 I would make sure to inspect it very closely. There was an instance awhile back where a member tried to purchase one of these and there were several QC issues with several different guitars that were brand new. I think after the second or third one he just gave up. The issues included and were not limited to the Headstock Guild script being noticeably crooked and off center, The center strip of wood on the back of the neck being off centered, and a few other things that slip my mind this morning. I am sure they are great guitars especially at the price point for a SFVI but it was ridiculous the amount of things that were flawed on the consecutive First Run Brand New guitars he purchased from different dealers.

TX

Last edited:

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
What a shame to hear that. I was just admiring the amount of detail of the instrument and the nice flame.
Hopefully they will get these flaws worked out at the factory as more of these hit the street vendors.
I'm a bit strapped at the moment but may be interested in the future at purchasing one of these.
Thanks for the reply.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is, indeed, a fine looking Starfire. Can't imagine not enjoying one of these beauties assuming, of course, the aforementioned manufacturing teething problems have been worked out.

matsickma

Reaction score
Their is a guy selling all type of Guilds on eBay that look to be seconds at very good prices. The picture is taken with the guitar hanging on a door and another picture shows a pallet full of guitar boxes. Looks like the QC is identifying these at a distribution point. I suspect after running into problems like mentioned above a US based quality inspection was added.
M

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
this one guy on ebay has had a few refurbs at reasonable prices. Also Sam Ash by me has one at full price, I should check it out/inspect...it looks new though, not from a prior run. they didnt always have it. I think it is more natural than red.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thank you Hans, very beautiful of course!

I looked closer at the NS SF-VI, and it does *not have a one piece back or top, it looks like a Bluesbird or a Gibson. I have never seen any Starfire before without the one piece back and top.