Guild Jumbo Family Photos as Promised

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thank you for clarifying, did not realize.

The 12 fret 12 string 000 Orpheum looks like a Wee Little Baby next to the jumbos. It could almost pass as the young offspring of the F50R and F512, LOL!

TX

Reaction score
Very impressive. I don't usually believe in conspiracy theories, but I may invent my own, in that John Denver is still alive.

MLBob

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I was temporarily blinded!!!! The Louvre annex of Guilds.

Bob

F312

Reaction score
That is funny right there, LOL!

Thanks Ray, Tom, F312 or should I say "Ralp", Walrus, and Bonneville! I have a small addiction to Fat Bottomed Girls...er I mean Guilds. To be honest I like 'em both.:applouse:

TX

What Tom said, what can I say. LOL

Ralph

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, jumbo goodness! :glee:

beecee

Reaction score
I don't think I have as many guitar picks as you have Jumbo's.

Stunning.

On a serious note, I had a bit of sellers remorse at trading the F50R to Tx, (who was fun to deal with), but I think it's been out of it's case more since he got it back from his luthier than I did in all of 2017.

Glad it found a good home with lots of other kin to hang with!!

Reaction score
Beautiful collection of Jumbos, TX!!! That’s damn near a forrest!!LOL!
Thanks for the pics! As always, you are an inspiration!!
I gotta re-shoot my Guild family to include my newest ‘burst F50r.
Happy New Year!!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have as many guitar picks as you have Jumbo's.

Stunning.

On a serious note, I had a bit of sellers remorse at trading the F50R to Tx, (who was fun to deal with), but I think it's been out of it's case more since he got it back from his luthier than I did in all of 2017.

Glad it found a good home with lots of other kin to hang with!!

If I ever go to get rid of it you know you have first right of refusal. Just to let you know she is opening up nicely. I got it back on the 21st or 22nd of December and it has not been back in it's case since. I am a firm believer that the Solid Wood guitars need to breathe a bit to help with the "Break In" period. I currently have all of my Jumbos out on stands in the music room so when I put her to bed before I go to sleep she is in good company. I am also superstitious in the way I think they should be on stands next to one another where they can get to know each other a bit. I know it sounds crazy but I am pretty sure they have conversations in the night with each other as from time to time you will here a guitar being strummed when no one is in the room. Maybe it's the Ghosts, LOL! If it is at least I know they have great taste!

Thanks to all for the kind words and I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year!

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TX, you may have been sniffin' a bit too much soundhole glue :) on the "guitars getting to know each other" thing, but no question... having the guitars in easy reach is a sure-fire recipe for them getting played more. Sadly, I don't have enough humidity in my house to keep my guitars out on stands. Could do it in the one room that I keep humidified, but that's too small a space to form a good guitar commune. :) :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TX, you may have been sniffin' a bit too much soundhole glue :) on the "guitars getting to know each other" thing, but no question... having the guitars in easy reach is a sure-fire recipe for them getting played more. Sadly, I don't have enough humidity in my house to keep my guitars out on stands. Could do it in the one room that I keep humidified, but that's too small a space to form a good guitar commune. :) :)

I've Always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.:rapture:

TX

beecee

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but I am pretty sure they have conversations in the night with each other as from time to time you

Uh-oh!

Don't believe a da*n thing that F-50R says. That goes double for the sheep too!!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
May be the ultimate in compliments from PittPastor because at age 69, I have never been around a Pastor that was speechless.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
If I ever go to get rid of it you know you have first right of refusal. Just to let you know she is opening up nicely. I got it back on the 21st or 22nd of December and it has not been back in it's case since. I am a firm believer that the Solid Wood guitars need to breathe a bit to help with the "Break In" period. I currently have all of my Jumbos out on stands in the music room so when I put her to bed before I go to sleep she is in good company. I am also superstitious in the way I think they should be on stands next to one another where they can get to know each other a bit. I know it sounds crazy but I am pretty sure they have conversations in the night with each other as from time to time you will here a guitar being strummed when no one is in the room. Maybe it's the Ghosts, LOL! If it is at least I know they have great taste!

Thanks to all for the kind words and I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year!

TX
Well TX let me know when one of those Jumbos says "you should sell me to D30Man for $500"..