Happy New Year!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I’m home and sober in case the teens need rides.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I'm NOT sober but the afternoon was late and after Brio at Town Square with some friends working and then we stopped at Panevino on the way home (fancy Italian place by the airport that's sold out with two seating but since we're special.... they said, "C'mon in!! You guys are always welcome here!!" So we stopped for a Fernet .... okay, TWO Fernets and then we cut under the airport and were home in 5 minutes!! Been playing guitar for a couple of hours and now thinking about a grilled ham and cheese on sourdough!! I think that's the ticket!! For my east coast friends who are in the future, HAPPY NEW YEAR and to the rest who are almost there, SAME TO YOU!! This is such a great place and I'm happy to have you all here and ..... life is good, isn't it?

Happy New Year, my friends!! :encouragement::encouragement:

GAD, you're a champ watching out for the kids. I don't have kids but I'd give 'em Lyft money and say.... "Be good or I'll KILL you!" which is why I'd not be a good parent, right? :teapot:

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm in the future! It's where I always wanted to be as a kid and now I'm here!

I love reading anything from you Tom, but dammit - now *I* want a grilled ham and cheese on sourdough!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm lucky.... things still aren't stocked and fully .... whatever's here. Suddenly a GAS stove is an ODDITY!! Imagine? But we just happened to have SD bread, baby swiss cheese (what makes it baby? I hope no babies died making this cheese....) and we had ham. And butter. Glad you're in the future, Gary.... I'm just gonna take my lead and warning from you...... "Dear, Tom. Something is coming and it SUCKS!!" just so I can be better prepared, you know?

Blessings my friend!!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm lucky.... things still aren't stocked and fully .... whatever's here. Suddenly a GAS stove is an ODDITY!! Imagine? But we just happened to have SD bread, baby swiss cheese (what makes it baby? I hope no babies died making this cheese....) and we had ham. And butter. Glad you're in the future, Gary.... I'm just gonna take my lead and warning from you...... "Dear, Tom. Something is coming and it SUCKS!!" just so I can be better prepared, you know?

Blessings my friend!!

The only thing that sucks right now (here in the future) is that you have sourdough, cheese and ham and we don't. We have butter in the future. It's damn good Irish butter, too! I'm going to go have a triscuit.

Cabarone

Reaction score
You can't get this kind of repartee just anywhere, and I for one appreciate it...cheers to all and I hope you all enjoy...

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
HNY and life is good. May your Guild and other guitar wishes come true.
Grilled cheese and ham sandwich with a bag of Fritos and a coke is one of my favorite meals. White, wheat, or sourdough all good-to me.

SouthernSounds

Reaction score
Happy New Year, folks! I don't come around here as often as I used to, but I always enjoy reading about your adventures, problems or veers... :welcoming:

A big hug from down under to each one of y'all,
Bruno

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I slept through it again , guess I started with the 7&7’s a tad early lol

Anyway May we all have a great and prosperous 2018 . 😁

Reaction score
Happy New Year from me and George. Check out the sweet Rickenbacker at the 1:00 minute mark.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Blessings my friend!!

Happy New Year to All! Sorry I wasn't on late last night as I was tending to the Great Danes. They are both getting up there in age and even though we have a local city and county ordinance against fireworks, The idiots were out in droves last night setting them off. It really stresses the dogs because they go into protect mode and bark at every loud noise. Had to try and keep them from getting too wound up. Smae thing happens every year for the 4th of July and New Years.

Funny coincidence, I just now read this thread after finishing a Grilled Ham and Cheese on Sourdough Bread baked in the oven for Breakfast! Great minds think alike I guess. It is currently a Balmy 29F degrees here with a high of 39F degrees for the high today. We are expected to hit the teens for a low in the next day or so. I know that is not as cold as some of the northern states but dammit this is Houston, LOL! The fire place is rolling this morning, Made a fresh pot of homemade Chili yesterday, and looking forward to a cozy day playing some Guilds and Watching some College Football Playoffs. I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year and may 2018 be better than 2017 for everyone! I feel so blessed to be a part of this Great Forum with all these Great Folks!

TX

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Bringing in the New Year here at home on a bright and sunny morning @ a minus 27 F. (that's about a 10 degrees improvement over a couple days we've had this past few days).

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Happy New New Year everyone! I spent my New Year's Eve helping my oldest crunch application essays for college. Looking forward to seeing what the new year brings!

Last edited:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
HNY! I spent the evening at home watching an Austin City Limits New Years Special. Roy Orbison, Roseanne Cash and the Neville Bros. were inducted into the ACL Hall of Fame. There were some nice tributes and music from Chris Isaacs, Elvis Costello, Raul Malo, Ry Cooder and Brandy Carlile. The next generation of Neville Bros., with Trombone Shorty, ended the evening with a set of funk and gospel music! Enjoyable!

Fireworks! The idiots were out in droves last night setting them off. Same thing happens every year for the 4th of July and New Years.

We have that problem in my neighborhood as well. But last night it was 19 degrees at midnight, with a wind chill in the single digits. So the ya-hoos stayed indoors for the most part and the noise was THANKFULLY pretty muted. Best Wishes to all here at LTG.