Belated NGD - F512

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Below are some photos of the guitar I purchased a few months ago from Barbara.

Although it will need a neck reset soon, it currently plays and sounds fantastic, so I will hold off.

Hq5BMf7.jpg
AmuLig9.jpg

CqB0gdm.jpg

C0YcpyZ.jpg

guqN6bJ.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
congrats and enjoy! love those 612 inlays on the 512! and the crazy figuring of the back! cheers!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
She is definitely a Looker for sure! I am glad you wound up with this one Awagner, it deserved a loving home.

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sweet and very interesting .:)

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Name of guitar store? Hard for me to imagine so many nice guitars owned by you and TX and I am sure others on this forum.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Name of guitar store? Hard for me to imagine so many nice guitars owned by you and TX and I am sure others on this forum.

That photo is from his music room if I am not mistaken, All those beautiful Guilds you see are part of his Amazing collection.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

those are personal collections, these guys u mention (and u left a few names off that list) don't run guitar shops. You would never see a collection of Guilds like that all in one Guitar shop! not in 2018, not in 1998...never.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very very impressive to me! Do you have certain ones you play for an extended period of time and you, then, pick up another one and it wins you over for playing time and first one on bench?

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Wow! Just Wow! The bookmatched Rosewood on the back of that guitar is spectacular! Is it Brazilian? That 12-string must sing like a choir of angels! :angel: ... and, I too dig the beautiful inlays on the fretboard.

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gotta' love those early F-512s. Great acquisition, awagner. You were lucky to get this one from Barbara. Fantastic.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
+1 on those inlays! I like how your treadmill is facing the Guilds so you can see them as you exercise!

walrus

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very very impressive to me! Do you have certain ones you play for an extended period of time and you, then, pick up another one and it wins you over for playing time and first one on bench?

Currently I am playing the Brazilian F512 and the F412 the most. They sound completely different from each other, but are equally pleasing to my ear. But I always go back to the D80-12, which plays like a 6-stringer, and sounds phenomenal.

And of course I have to pick up the F612 occasionally just to hear its incredible, chambered sound. I keep it in double drop D tuning so I have to play Going to California before I switch to drop D and then to standard, before I tune it down again.

The F312 surprises me every time I pick it up. Hard to tune at first (no wonder people frequently change the machines), but it is really comfortable to play and sounds great.

My primary 6 string is the turquoise DV-72, but the D70 gets played often whenever I pick it up. But I just got a new (to me) F50R (pix coming soon) that I am loving.