Ngd - f50r

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was lucky enough to acquire this 1974 F50R from the original owner, who did not play it much (he is a bass player), and took great care of it. Other than a couple of marks, it is in pristine condition. He even saved the care instruction and accessory booklet. It looks and sounds excellent.

UD0ogPI.jpg

GhCUlfP.jpg

DcoMgo3.jpg

AHKQ8TX.jpg

Hc3uzcc.jpg

Xe5Vgsp.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice one wags, saw that on CL here on LI. man u don't mess around, congrats!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, awagner!! Other than a couple of scuffs and bumps, it's almost a time-capsule 74!! Congrats! What a score!! :encouragement:

beecee

Reaction score
Very nice!

But what is that tea burst 12 string ya got there behind the newbie?

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Very nice looking guitar. I'm glad that you found it and have reunited it with her many sister-wives. I wonder what the conversations in that room are like in the middle of the night while you are sleeping. Guitar 1 "hey...has he picked you up lately?" Guitar 2..."no....he seldom touches me anymore....I'm starting to get a complex. Guitar 3 "well....he held me for a long time tonight...we made beautiful music together". Guitar 4 " slaps guitar 3 across the face". Etc., etc. etc.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice looking guitar. I'm glad that you found it and have reunited it with her many sister-wives. I wonder what the conversations in that room are like in the middle of the night while you are sleeping. Guitar 1 "hey...has he picked you up lately?" Guitar 2..."no....he seldom touches me anymore....I'm starting to get a complex. Guitar 3 "well....he held me for a long time tonight...we made beautiful music together". Guitar 4 " slaps guitar 3 across the face". Etc., etc. etc.

Makes me "belly laugh" every time the guitar "conversation" comes waltzing through my mind.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice!

But what is that tea burst 12 string ya got there behind the newbie?

The tea burst guitrar is a F65CE (6-string), and the sunburst directly behind the F50R is the restored F412.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here are pix of the case, which looks brand new, and the included accessory and care guide.

PIl9Pm4.jpg

XYPxisB.jpg

grxoMCO.jpg

0zwiUgz.jpg

8jFMAPG.jpg

Vf6h0SC.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
In my never-ending hunger for historic string usage data, was there a note on the owner's manual about what kind of strings were installed like we recently saw on an '83 dreadnought?
PS it's gorgeous and I could almost be jealous if I wasn't lusting after an F40.... :friendly_wink:

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
N
In my never-ending hunger for historic string usage data, was there a note on the owner's manual about what kind of strings were installed like we recently saw on an '83 dreadnought?
PS it's gorgeous and I could almost be jealous if I wasn't lusting after an F40.... :friendly_wink:

Al I too have an eye for theF40. I ownedthe GAD version for a short while and really enjoyed. I can only imagine the Oxnard version is going to sing. Just wish they would have opted for a more worthy finish. However the body style is money.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
N

Al I too have an eye for the F40. I ownedthe GAD version for a short while and really enjoyed. I can only imagine the Oxnard version is going to sing. Just wish they would have opted for a more worthy finish. However the body style is money.

At the risk of sounding snarky, I meant a real F40 with a 16" lower bout and arched maple back, heck I'd even be interested in a flat rosewood back like the GF50 was, but not the renamed F48 Navarre that Oxnard announced, which was actually a hog-bodied F50 when first built...and should have been named as such by Oxnard, in my opinion. Their numbering system could've handled it.
Instead they have unilaterally redefined the original and historic F40 body size from 16" to 17" lower bout.
Sacrilege.
I just think something that big would give me the same problem as my dreadnoughts, even with the narrow waist.
I can't play 'em for more than about 1/2 an hour any more without getting fatigue between the shoulder blades.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

There was not.