Been nice knowing ya!

dbirchett

Reaction score
Grot, if you want to send any of your guitars to sunny Arizona for safekeeping, let me know. I'll be happy to oblige. I'll even return most of them ... well some of them.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll be the first to admit when I am imagining things but the Car Horn incident was real! You can look it up on the internet for verification.
TX

hmmmmmm....I just dunno,TX?

Ya know, I got up early this morning and made the 50 mi. round trip in -31 F to bring my wife to work and I'll be damned if I didn't hear one single horn blaring.

I'm thinkin', maybe it was just your horn tellin' your jumbos to SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!:laughing::friendly_wink:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit when I am imagining things but the Car Horn incident was real! You can look it up on the internet for verification. Trust me, if I am going to imagine something it is going to be a hell of a lot better than trying to fix a car horn in 20 degree weather barefoot fresh out of a nice warm slumber. If I were to imagine something it would probably involve sitting on a nice sandy beach in Mexico playing one of my Guilds while Lynn Collins was bringing me Margaritas in her "Dejah Thoris" outfit from the movie "John Carter". If sniffing sound hole glue can make that happen then you will find me with my head permanently stuck in a guitar, LOL!

yhhtyjjyr3343trl.jpg

TX
Now, imagining *that* is much better, TX. :) Actually, I really did think you were joking. And, as for "looking it up on the internet for verification..." Now, I *know* you're sniffing soundholes! :) :)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's really insane. I really feel for you guys.

A friend just bought a house in the Oakland Hills. Almost wasn't able to get a mortgage because fire insurance is becoming nigh impossible to get.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I live in a small coastal town half way between Boston and Cape Cod. The weather channel sets up here every big storm because of our vulnerability relative to the tides, wind, and precipitation.

Love it.
"Welcome to Antneyville. The Weather Channel was born here."
:biggrin-new:

Last edited:

geoguy

Reaction score
I live in a small coastal town half way between Boston and Cape Cod. The weather channel sets up here every big storm because of our vulnerability relative to the tides, wind, and precipitation. The blizzard of 78 sent 30 percent of our coastal homes to the sea. Tomorrow's storm has the potential to be wicked pissa.

So . . . how are things in Scituate today, Antney? :joyous:

Plenty of wind-driven snow here in the metrowest area, west-southwest of Boston. Hard to tell actual snow depths due to the drifting, but I've probably plowed at least 10 inches from my office parking lot already. One of my snow piles is already about as tall as the Ford Super Duty truck that did the plowing.

Tx, if car horns commonly blared in cold weather, it would be very noisy in New England most days between December through March! I've never heard of that issue until reading your post.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tx, if car horns commonly blared in cold weather, it would be very noisy in New England most days between December through March! I've never heard of that issue until reading your post.

I think it happened due to the car being 12 years old and the plastic part already being worn a bit. The only reason I knew what it was is that when I worked in Alaska we had a similar issue with the company trucks in the cold weather.

Also in response to your statement, If you are already driving down the road in the weather you mention then your vehicle is putting off heat which keeps the issue from happening. Besides, I thought you all deflated footballs so the car horn situation wouldn't happen anyways right?:single_eye: LOL!

TX

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
just want to let everyone know that I am ok, after receiving approximately 8 inches of snow during the course of about 16 hours. thankfully it wasnt that bad, you know, since the news and everything had warned me, well in advance.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
just want to let everyone know that I am ok, after receiving approximately 8 inches of snow during the course of about 16 hours. thankfully it wasnt that bad, you know, since the news and everything had warned me, well in advance.

Glad to hear you are alright Mav! I was watching Jim Cantore and company standing out in it today on the weather channel. Being from the Gulf Coast it looked like they were reporting on a Hurricane in spots but instead of rain there was snow and ice! I truly hope everyone makes it through this thing OK.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
yes in all seriousness it is going to be crazy cold tommorow and Sat (just another day for Rampside, Richard and many of u), but in the New-York Tri State area this has the potential for all kinds of Darwinism actually...

anyway todays storm was to be taken seriously indeed...just hard to take anything on the news serious anymore. maybe they need to start reporting on something else, like, i dont know, maybe...GUITARS

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I think it happened due to the car being 12 years old and the plastic part already being worn a bit. The only reason I knew what it was is that when I worked in Alaska we had a similar issue with the company trucks in the cold weather.
I think there's really something there and it maybe only happens within a narrow range of temps: cold enough to close the contacts but maybe below a certain point they're too stiff to close any more?
I noticed a similar problem with car alarms, that they tend to go off for no good reason far more frequently during the winter in my neighborhood, and yes, always when it's coldest just before dawn:
Low 40's.
I figured something in the triggering sensitivity circuit must be shrinking just enough to make contact.
And that's in a variety of vehicles, not just Mitsubishis, although now that I think about it, the "whoop whoop honk honk slide whistle" is the most common one and that is Mitsubishi....the Eclipses had 'em, and that was their most popular model for a while.
Volkswagen's a close second with the "beep beep beep"....
It just hit me: no wonder I been so pissy lately....
What was really weird was the brand new Toyota that went off a few weeks back. 2 minutes on, 2 minutes off and it wasn't cold at all.
After about 10 minutes I went downstairs to the car with the blinking lights and saw the little re flashing light and figured, "What the hell, maybe it isn't fully latched and that's making it go off"
No sooner did I touch the door handle I was closest to, than it stopped.
For good.
Saved me wasting a good rock, at least.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well thanks for that, amigo!! Golly I was like, "OMG!! The STORM OF DEATH was coming and then it's kinda quiet? Are they all DEAD?? We get 1/2 inch of rain over 3 hours here (which, I'll grant you is a lot for us and we do get flooding) and the news people are predicting the end of the earth!! So just keep checking in, kids, cuz..... well I wanna make sure y'all are okay, you know?

I was gonna say something at the end of that last sentence because we have an ambulance service here in Vegas called Medic-West. Their ambulance trucks are ALWAYS screaming around town, APPARENTLY, saving people and stuff. But they post their company slogan on the sides of the trucks..... "We Care". I was always like..... "I hope y'all didn't waste a whole lot of meetings and company time coming up WITH THAT ONE!!! JEEZE!! Stay in touch if you can, amigos!! :encouragement:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I mean, If EYE was suggesting a slogan for an ambulance company to plaster on their trucks, what about, "But then again, if you're dead, so what?"

Too harsh?