Bought a Guild today. I'm one of you now I suppose ;)

Fats

Reaction score
I bought myself an early birthday present today - a Guild D-25. She sounds and looks amazing. Super loud! Definitely worth the money and the two hour drive on unplowed county roads to pick her up.

crNRTZd

The guitar has barely been played. No pick scratches to speak of, no fret wear, no visible scratches or dings besides a couple marks on the headstock. The pickguard clearly shrank a little and created a couple finish cracks.

R7WZBaV

The case looks brand new and has original the warranty card, Guild cleaning cloth (apparently unused) and marketing materials. Warranty card says the guitar was purchased from Strait Music in Austin Texas.

NKMUWjU

03LpsFG

One question this forum might be able to help answer: The guy I bought the guitar from was adamant that his brother bought the guitar in 1977, but the serial number seems to show that it was build in 1980. Any insight?

Thanks for looking. Happy birthday to me! :joyous:

-Fats

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Post the serial number, and a picture of the guitar, and I'm sure it can be cleared up.

My guess is someone wrote the label a bit sloppy and it is supposed to be something other than what you see.

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats Fats! Love to see those pics if you'll able to utilize the Pic Posting tutorial.
Welcome to LTG.
Is this your first Guild?

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the group Fats! D25’s are awesome and I believe best bang for the buck in a dreadnought.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome to an awesome forum Fats and you will want more Guilds so set up your "Guild" savings account.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to the neighborhood and congrats! What's the serious number? These are one of the best dreads ever made, IMHO.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome Fats! I opened the photos in another tab and they are Gorgeous with the serial number on the warranty card as well. That old Girl looks untouched Fats, Stupendous! If the serial number on the card matches the back of the headstock and sound hole label then this guitar is not from 1977. Guild Switched to a 2 letter prefix serial number sometime around late 79 through early 1980. A 1977 model should have 6 digits only for a serial number with no letters. Member Hans Moust here on the forum will be able to verify the year for you but I can guarantee that the serial number on your warranty card is well past 1977. That is cool that it was originally bought from Straight Music in Austin as I have purchased a Guild through them in the past, Great Shop! The Burst finish on your D25 is also indicative of the late 70's/early 80's period with the "Teardrop" shape and color, One of my favorite bursts Guild ever did! I am going to try and re-post your photos for you if you don't mind so everyone can see that Beautiful D25 Burst. That is one heck of a way to make an entrance to the forum. Welcome to LTG and look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Absolutely Gorgeous!

Don't be alarmed if you can't see your first couple of posts or replies right after you post them. As a new member your first few posts have to be approved by a moderator to make sure you are a real person and not a bot. The posts will show up as soon as the moderators get a chance to approve them.

An attempt to re-post Fats's photos.

crNRTZd.jpg
R7WZBaV.jpg
NKMUWjU.jpg
03LpsFG.jpg

TX

Last edited:

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome! But you do not have to own a guild to be ‚one of us‘.
Thank you for the pics. Nice classic guild!

Markus :smile:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome, Fats!

+1 on that case looking mint, and the case candy is cool, too!

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the assist on the photos, Tx!! That thing looks almost brand new! Congrats on a beautiful guitar. I love that burst! Welcome to LTG! :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard , very nice looking guitar :)