National Championship NCAA Football

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I don't care who you were for or you may have had "0" interest in the Alabama/Georgia football Championship game, but what a game. Big plays on both sides.
The only thing I can figure is Coach Saban must play a GUILD.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I don't care who you were for or you may have had "0" interest in the Alabama/Georgia football Championship game, but what a game. Big plays on both sides.
The only thing I can figure is Coach Saban must play a GUILD.
Hell of an ending. Can't write 'em any better or more unbelievable than that one.
This was high caliber football! :applouse:

Joe

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
41 yard bullet pass to end the game, wow!
Jim Plunkett 2.0

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Let's see, Auburn beat both GA and Bama, UCF beat Auburn and was undefeated, yet wasn't eligible for the playoffs because it's not in one of the power five conferences. They gave themselves a national championship party last week and probably would have been the number one in the pre-power five era. Great way to run a championship, NCAA.
Brad
PS I don't watch football, so this is from a disinterested outsider.
PPS. Only 35 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training!

Last edited:

marcellis

Reaction score
Let's see, Auburn beat both GA and Bama, UCF beat Auburn and was undefeated, yet wasn't eligible for the playoffs because it's not in one of the power five conferences. They gave themselves a national championship party last week and probably would have been the number one in the pre-power five era. Great way to run a championship, NCAA.
Brad
PS I don't watch football, so this is from a disinterested outsider.
PPS. Only 35 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training!

I have a grand-daughter at Auburn. Good school.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
TX:
I am interested in the G41 should this come to pass. Looking for a good Mahogany to be sibling to Rosewood and Maple.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TX:
I am interested in the G41 should this come to pass. Looking for a good Mahogany to be sibling to Rosewood and Maple.

If I do find out that Saban plays Guilds the when I sell mine the Asking price will be triple for the individual or individuals that brought that fact to light.:applouse:

TX

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching the game! I am not a big fan of Nick Saban & Alabama, but I give him and the team credit for maintaining such a high level of success over the last ten years. That is tough to do in the competitive world of college football. And pulling his starting QB in the second half for a freshman rookie was a bold move. That kid was slinging the ball all over the field! Great game to end the season.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
I've been a member of the AB'B(Anybody But 'Bama) crowd for as long as I remember - started back when that old guy with the funny hat was stalking the sidelines. But you really do have to give them credit.

And, unfortunately, they seem to have found their quarterback for the next several years. Damn, that kid _can_ sling it.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Okay, take away the faces/personalities and just enjoy the play on the field.
We often get too caught up in hating this guy or that guy or his wife/girlfriend and we lose focus on the athletic achievements/accomplishments in the process.
I could go on but I won't....:mellow:

My dos centavos,
Jose

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Okay, take away the faces/personalities and just enjoy the play on the field.
We often get too caught up in hating this guy or that guy or his wife/girlfriend and we lose focus on the athletic achievements/accomplishments in the process.
I could go on but I won't....:mellow:

My dos centavos,
Jose

No _hate_; more like a grudging respect for their continued success and rooting for the underdog. And that Hawaiian gunslinger is _GOOD_.

NEONMOONY

Reaction score
S-E-C! S-E-C!
Sorry, couldn't pass it up. Not a Bama fan but I freely admit that Saban and the Bama program are the best in this era. It's all about the Process.

Last edited:

marcellis

Reaction score
"....PS I don't watch football, so this is from a disinterested outsider.
PPS. Only 35 days until pitchers and catchers report to spring training!"

Your head is screwed on correctly. Congratulations.
I am so sick of football. I stopped watching all of it.

tommym

Reaction score
......I am so sick of football. I stopped watching all of it.

Me too....

Tua Tagovailoa? We're both from Ewa Beach, Hawaii, but I never heard of the guy. Maybe he owns a Guild and will chime in here every now and then....:playful:

Tommy

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Mrs watched, because her brother married a girl from Alabama and has lived there for a little over 20 years. We visit every year now, and she decided to watch the play off and final game this year. They won both, so if you don't like Alabama, then blame my wife for making them win by watching.

side note... I don't watch any sports, these days, ( outside of F1 racing ) especially college football. While we were visiting over Thanksgiving, we watched a chunk of a game with University of Mussouri playing. The other team, who ever they were, did some poor sportsman like stuff, so I said the Tigers were my favorite team for a day. They won in an exciting game, which I only knew because of sports highlights later. Guess what I got for Christmas... Yep ! A Mussouri Tigers sweat shirt. Now that I have the swag, do I have to be a fan and watch !?