The Burnside Lance

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
While not my usual fare, this Burnside Lance has had the honor of going through my review process just like the US-made Guilds I love so much. Think it could keep up? Read and find out for yourself! :joyous:

http://www.gad.net/Blog/2018/01/09/guild-burnside-lance/

Guild-Burnside-Lance-TopFull.jpg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In the Electronics section, the first sentence gap has “fist” instead of “first”.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks - got it.

Please PM me errata everyone.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nice review, GAD!

Non-electric-guitarists never understand when I summarize the '80's as "pointy"...

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice review, GAD!

Non-electric-guitarists never understand when I summarize the '80's as "pointy"...

walrus

I think what cracks me up about the Burnsides is the little barb on the Low-E side of the headstock. It's like they wanted to put another point in somewhere and ran out of room.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think what cracks me up about the Burnsides is the little barb on the Low-E side of the headstock. It's like they wanted to put another point in somewhere and ran out of room.

Not sure I understand the Headstock hate. It's pretty much the same as the T-250 with the extra barb. (Which I think makes it look better!)

Guild-Roy-buchanan-red-limited-edition-001.JPG

Guild-Roy-buchanan-red-limited-edition-003.JPG

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The barb thing was a joke, though it is a fair bit pointier on the Burnside. :single_eye:

I like the headstock on the T250 though I think it has no place on a Tele (that review will be up in a couple of days). I love pointy headstocks in general but the headstock on the Burnside is too freaking fat, it's angled funny, and is just plain ugly. There's an extra half-inch or so on the bottom side of the headstock that just puts it completely out of proportion with other pointy headstocks.

Guild-Burnside-Lance-Headstock-1.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I always thought that Burnside barb was to (literally) reel in groupies...

walrus

matsickma

Reaction score
In regards to T250... I have a Detonator with the Liberator body that someday it is going to have its neck swapped with my sunburst T250.Then ala Roy Buchanan I will put a piece of tape over the "Detonator" name. A tele should never have that pointy head!
M

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
In regards to T250... I have a Detonator with the Liberator body that someday it is going to have its neck swapped with my sunburst T250.Then ala Roy Buchanan I will put a piece of tape over the "Detonator" name. A tele should never have that pointy head!
M

Wait... what? Can we see pics of that?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Burnside’s sideburns!

Actually that's true. They are called sideburns because of General Burnside (who has enough connections to Rhode Island that I wonder if that is where Guild got the name). What's not true is that "hookers" is derived from the "ladies" who followed General Hooker's troops. "hooker" as slang for "prostitute" predates the American Civil war by anything from 10 to 200 years depending upon your sources and what nuances you introduce into the discussion.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually that's true. They are called sideburns because of General Burnside (who has enough connections to Rhode Island that I wonder if that is where Guild got the name). What's not true is that "hookers" is derived from the "ladies" who followed General Hooker's troops. "hooker" as slang for "prostitute" predates the American Civil war by anything from 10 to 200 years depending upon your sources and what nuances you introduce into the discussion.

Veer of the year. We've gone from Guitars to sideburns to a nuanced discussion of hookers.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
But it's still early in the year. Give us time...

walrus

matsickma

Reaction score
Ok GAD. I took a picture of the Liberator shaped body Detonator with my phone and now have to relearn how to post a picture. As a matter of reference the Liberator shaped Detonator body is sn JH000184. The larger body Detonators in the picture are sn JH000481 and 517.
M