Indian Rosewood Tree

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh, I did have one related comment.... Bob Taylor and his partners bought the primary loggers/distributors of ebony a few years ago and they are trying to do something responsible in that area. I read all about it in Wood and Steel years ago, and I wonder how it's going. The thing about all that is that the guitar industry has an "out" in that murky wood issue -- namely, ebony is sitting on the ground in those forests only because it is not pure-black. All the guitar business has to do is accept some light-color figuring in ebony to have an enormous supply of the stuff available. The furniture and construction businesses have left a gold mine of that stuff sitting on the ground. No problem. I like striped ebony better than flat-black anyway!!! :)

I wish I had some links to point people to on that subject. It was all in Taylor's magazine and in videos that I watched. Absolutely fascinating.

I got one would enjoy a figured Ebony fret board even a strip of heart wood I think it would look great on a well matched guitar .