New member, good to be here, thank you LTG

bert

Reaction score
In 2012, I was on a mission to find a good used guitar that needed a neckset for my science experiment. I chose a doozy, 1971 Guild F112. The top had sunken in around the soundhole from years of sitting with the strings on. Needed a shim under the fretboard tongue to re-align the fretboard to the bridge. As a retired CAD/CAM engineer I had a clue but in reality mostly a guess as to how the guitar would settle after the reset, proof that beginners luck happens.

Today, the F112 is still my only Guild, what a jewel. The small jumbo style is perfect for my playing style and 71yr old shoulders. It is so much more comfortable than the D12-18 I had for 30+ yrs.... not to mention the sweet timbre.

bert

7yXqi3F.jpg

eLDbrJ9.jpg

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Nice lookin' F112!

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Nice job on restoring that F-112! :encouragement: Those small body 12-string guitars are fun to play.

And welcome to the LTG Forum.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks like some really nice work on the F112 Bert! Let me say Welcome to LTG and Look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Lots of great folks here with a wonderful wealth of info they love to share. Nice first post with pictures, That is how you make an entrance!

TX

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Those are super nice 12 strings. I love the size of them! Easier to play than those giant ones! :encouragement:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fantastic Bert! That F112 looks awesome. My Guild is from '71 as well.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club , love the restore .

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Bert! What a great project and a cool guitar. I envy those who can pull off such feats.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome!

You saved a Guild! You'll fit in fine. :applouse:

bert

Reaction score
Thanks folks for the warm welcome. I have been reading here off/on since I did the reset in 2012. In fact, Hans contacted me for info on the F112 somewhere back then after I had posted about the reset on one of the other forums. I don't think I helped him with anything new and he didn't know where the dovetail seam was either.

Probably would have been easier if I had a divining rod. Where there's a will, it was a fun experience and great reward for giving it a go. For other F112 owners, here's the secret location of the seam:

at7J8w0.jpg

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In 2012, I was on a mission to find a good used guitar that needed a neckset for my science experiment. I chose a doozy, 1971 Guild F112.

I don't think I've ever heard of a neck reset as a "science experiment," and it's certainly not very common for a player to do a neck reset himself, so a big welcome to the boards, Bert! Gotta love those Guild 12-strings!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO LTG!
Great job on your F-112. I can agree with all the comments about the size and playability of this model, and the sound is surprisingly good.
I used to have one. :smile-new:

Cheers,
Joe