We're back!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't like to admit how much the absence affected me.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Good memories rolling through my mind provide me with lots of smiles and most are about sharing with people.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
<sniff> I missed you guys. Next round's on me!

DADGAD

Reaction score
A shocker indeed! Anyone know what happened?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Huh , I was sleeping .

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Henry J. sicked some hackers he found at CES to attack LTG. NAMM attendees laughed so loudly the hackers gave up.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it is back as well. About 6:45pm CST last night it started giving me a "Took too long to respond" message whenever I tried to go to the LTG Home page. Last time I checked it was around 1:00am this morning and it was still out. Woke up this morning and YAY! It is back! Kinda felt like a Junkie needing a fix last night without it, LOL!

TX

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Last night I was caught in one of those loops where I couldn't do a restore on my new iPhone until I updated iTunes. I couldn't update iTunes because my computer operating system was too old and outdated. So I set up my new computer which had arrived the previous day. After hours of watching Windows do the slowest updating known to mankind I got the new iTunes!! YAAAY!! I plugged in my new iPhone and it did a long and tedious update, and at the end of it it told me there was an error and it couldn't restore my data. And my new iPhone was frozen.

And during all of this, I couldn't access LTG!!

I still have no phone, computers doing okay, but I caught that dreaded cold that's going around.

This has not been a good day, you know?

Now I get to go fight with AT&T over my phone.

Jeeze......

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks guys, I just wanna come home and have a cold and snot and sneeze and ..... have my phone work. Gary, feel free to rant on iTunes.... one of the most confusing and needlessly complicated pieces of $hit to ever hit the market!! Ready, set, GO!!!!!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Couldn't get on LTG last night either but my phone is, usually, the problem so made one of those assumptions, phone problem. Phone healed its ailment overnight.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks guys, I just wanna come home and have a cold and snot and sneeze and ..... have my phone work. Gary, feel free to rant on iTunes.... one of the most confusing and needlessly complicated pieces of $hit to ever hit the market!! Ready, set, GO!!!!!

Oh, man. where to begin!

For Apple, a company that does amazing things with design, to let this festering piece of non-intuiitive bloatware crap live as long as it has... I think their stock would double if they announced that they were abandoning it. The scary part is that the iTunes of today is worlds better than it's ever been AND IT STILL SUCKS!

Apple has gone in and completely revamped iTunes probably three times that I can remember and it's just always a clusterpuck.

My biggest complaint has always been that when you do a backup of your phone that it doesn't actually back everything up. Well, when I got my new iPhone X I was thrilled to discover that it did! Hooray! Only it didn't, really. It backed up the fact that the apps existed but not the apps themselves so my Internet went to 100% as my phone re-downloaded every freaking app. OK, we're good, right? Nope.

Days later I'm in the car and decide to stream some music over bluetooth. That's when I discover that though it looks like all the music is there - it's not! I have to redownload it from the cloud. WTF? The word "backup" means something! At least it warned me that I would be re-downloading over cell service so I could say no. Of course they made it this way so that the restore process would go faster and people wouldn't complain about it taking a day to restore their phones, but dammit at least give me a warning that these games are being played.

Oh, and no I don't want all my music put into an Apple database. Or my photos. Or anything else thank you. And yes, I would very much just like to be able to drag music to my phone - WITHOUT ITUNES. Hell, you know what? I'd be OK with iTunes if it just freaking made sense. And just when you figure it all out they go and change the UI to make it "better". ARRGH!

There's a lot I love about Apple products. I've been an IT nerd of one type or another since there's been IT nerds. I can use any product I want. Hell, I've got four Linux systems in my house. No wait... five. Apple is great when it's great, but holy hell does iTunes suck the big red pony...

I'm stopping now.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WTF? The word "backup" means something!
Obviously Gary you're too old to understand how the term "backup" is defined by the latest generation of Apple programmers who after all graduated college in the last 2 or 3 years, and weren't good enough for Tesla:
Just like in a car, backing up means going backwards.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Last night I was caught in one of those loops where I couldn't do a restore on my new iPhone until I updated iTunes. I couldn't update iTunes because my computer operating system was too old and outdated. So I set up my new computer which had arrived the previous day. After hours of watching Windows do the slowest updating known to mankind I got the new iTunes!! YAAAY!! I plugged in my new iPhone and it did a long and tedious update, and at the end of it it told me there was an error and it couldn't restore my data. And my new iPhone was frozen.

And during all of this, I couldn't access LTG!!

I still have no phone, computers doing okay, but I caught that dreaded cold that's going around.

This has not been a good day, you know?

Now I get to go fight with AT&T over my phone.

Jeeze......

Dare I ask what model iPhone ? And what happened that you need a restore on your new phone ? Is it the 10x ? What was old phone ?
Windows is bloatware and iTunes is just for engineers who like to walk around the perimeter of a circle ⭕️ Just to get the other side . Lol

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dare I ask what model iPhone ? And what happened that you need a restore on your new phone ? Is it the 10x ? What was old phone ?
Windows is bloatware and iTunes is just for engineers who like to walk around the perimeter of a circle ⭕️ Just to get the other side . Lol

iPhone-X. Doesn't really matter, though. I had an iPhone-8 and gave that to my daughter who went through the exact same exercise thus doubling the use of the already overloaded Internet connection. I'd only had the 8 since it came out in September. I replaced a 5S at the time.

I'm not one to buy the latest iPhone. I only did the 8->X thing because my daughter's 6 broke and so let her have my 8.

If y'all would like another rant I could do a couple of paragraphs on the new Face-ID feature which is FARKING STUPID.