Guild S284+ (?) Aviator

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I ended up calling this one an S284+ because I started by thinking it was an S285 and I'm pretty sure it's not but it also doesn't seem to quite fit into the S284 mold exactly. Whatever it is, it's special and you can read about why I think so in my review:

http://www.gad.net/Blog/2018/01/11/guild-s284-aviator-2/

As a quick teaser it's got a real Floyd Rose (that's properly installed!), bound ebony board and headstock, and some other details that just make this an amazing guitar and unlike the S284s that I have.

Guild-S285-Aviator-Maybe-TopFull.jpg

F312

Reaction score
My S284 color is white ivory that has faded as your has but with the passive single coils (California pups). My other is pink/purple in color with EMGs and ebony fret board. I sold one years ago, living in England now. All came with different knobs and other ones I have seen are different also. Is there a standard OEM part for the S284? The sound of these guitars have turned heads.

In your review under Sound, first sentence is missing is.

Ralph

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great review, as usual! The bound headstock is very very cool!

walrus

matsickma

Reaction score
Hey GAD, I think the guitar origionally had a triangular TRC that was held in place by the friction of the neck locking bridge and headstock. To remove it the screws holding the locking nut in place are loosened up and the TRC is slid out.
M