NEWBIE-OLDIE needs help

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a beautiful Guild Jumbo , but I guess I'm just getting old as I forgot the year of the guitar. So here goes --the model # is J-F55E. NT. the serial number is AJ50608. Would anyone out there be kind enough to give me an idea of the year of this guitar, and a ballpark price as to the value.? Thanks so much in advance.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eddy,

Can't really give you an idea of value without seeing pictures of it, but if you slide a mirror in the soundhole I think you may see a date stamp on the tail block or the neck heel block, as I believe these guitars were built in the 1990s when Westerly did that.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a beautiful Guild Jumbo , but I guess I'm just getting old as I forgot the year of the guitar. So here goes --the model # is J-F55E. NT. the serial number is AJ50608. Would anyone out there be kind enough to give me an idea of the year of this guitar, and a ballpark price as to the value.? Thanks so much in advance.

You can study this
http://support.guildguitars.com/downloads/datingyourguild.pdf

but all it shows me is that your Guild is pre-1994

geoguy

Reaction score
If by some chance you missed a "5" after the "J" in that s/n, then AJ550608 would fit into the 1997 date range in Guild's published s/n list.

Note that this list has numerous flaws, & noted Guild expert Hans Moust may soon come along to correct me in his usual good-natured manner. :smile-new:

You could also check "completed auctions" on ebay, to get a rough idea of the guitar's value, although your instrument's condition can have a big impact on the value (either up or down).

And welcome to LTG, Eddy Jaye.

Last edited:

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG Eddy Jaye! As you are seeing there are no shortage of resources / support here. Sounds like a killer guit you got there.