NGD - F-45ce

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I sent him pics showing the depth with a ruler. He stopped answering. Dispute started. Probably have to wait until after the weekend to hear back.

I think it might be a Starfire case from late Westerly (TKL, grey interior, script Guild stamp on the cover.)

marius

Reaction score
Except for the potential shorter neck issue...I just don't know if your short scale would bring the headstock into conflict with the "glovebox".

I don't think there would be a shorter neck issue. When comparing two guitars of roughly similar construction, one being short scale and the other being "standard", I don't believe you'll find the short scale guitar to have an appreciably shorter neck.

If you use a 14 fret Martin as an example you'll find that the 000 (short scale) and OM (standard) have the same body size and the same overall length of 39 13/16". This would seem to indicate that scale length is determined more by fret location and bridge placement than by neck length.

Edit: Except the body meets at the 14th fret which should be at a differnt location on the fret board depending on scale....now I'm thinking myself in circles. Sorry for the veer. Good luck on the case search.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Edit: Except the body meets at the 14th fret which should be at a differnt location on the fret board depending on scale....now I'm thinking myself in circles. Sorry for the veer. Good luck on the case search.

Right, now you get why I thought of the possible "glovebox" location interference.
In my cases it's pretty darn close to the edge of the headstock area.
:friendly_wink:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Update, I started the Reverb dispute by email; the seller was only offering to pay for the case, no shipping. Reverb wasn't getting back to me, so I called today, talked to a rep, and he said I'll get a full refund, and sent me a return label. No hassles, no more dealing with the seller. Its on its way back as we speak.

The search continues.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Chris, since somebody kindly linked up to the TKLL site today, thought I'd see if they had a 16" jumbo case.
Would this one work?
https://www.tkl.com/en/uproduct/tkl-premier-small-small-jumbo-175-style-guitar-case?id=07816/BL
Gotta admit I got a little bit of sticker shock myself, but I'm suspecting you might be able to get somebody to order it for you for a more reasonable price?
There’s an Ibanez case for their AEL series that looks like it might work. Do I dare?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And that’s why I love Sweetwater. I messaged them about the dimensions of the Ibanez case, and they sent back this pic. Probably as close as I’m going to get.
af7b8089-6640-4928-91f1-3787c7c8ea02.jpeg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And that’s why I love Sweetwater. I messaged them about the dimensions of the Ibanez case, and they sent back this pic. Probably as close as I’m going to get.
af7b8089-6640-4928-91f1-3787c7c8ea02.jpeg

Looks good from here, like there's only gonna be 1/4" of clearance on each side in lower bout, and 1/2" in depth?
Heck, with the padding it might might fit just like a Guild case, nice'n snug.
In fact, it even looks suspiciously like a TKL...the little tag on the glovebox and the neck rest block...the handle...what're the odds?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks good from here, like there's only gonna be 1/4" of clearance on each side in lower bout, and 1/2" in depth?
Heck, with the padding it might might fit just like a Guild case, nice'n snug.
In fact, it even looks suspiciously like a TKL...the little tag on the glovebox and the neck rest block...the handle...what're the odds?
Almost definite that it’s TKL. I can’t find it, but I think I remember seeing a clearer shot of the accessory box lid tag which was the usual TKL one.

The only thing I’ll need to do is get the big white stenciled Ibanez off the lid.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We have a winner! We have a winner!
3rd time’s the charm. The Ibanez case that I got from Sweetwater fits perfectly! (Now I just have to see if I can get the stenciled “Ibanez” off the lid.) And, Yes, it is a genuine TKL.
cd4d9293-8a1d-4f52-a6af-413f1660d7aa.jpeg

And, Sweetwater is now using a new type (to me) of large cell bubble wrap that is VERY robust, with a thicker plastic. Definitely saving for the next shipment.

baa6be12-3b58-47c9-ba73-9025f2a65192.jpeg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
LOL, side by side, the crappy Applause case is smaller than the new TKL case, and yet the F-45 had too much extra room in the Applause case.

That’s the difference between a well padded hard case, and one that’s barely adequate.