Gillian Welch and her D-25

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
We saw her and David Rawlings from the 3rd row in a small venue a few years ago, it was incredible watching them live and close up. That 1935 Epiphone is some guitar too!

Kitarkus

Reaction score
We saw her and David Rawlings from the 3rd row in a small venue a few years ago, it was incredible watching them live and close up. That 1935 Epiphone is some guitar too!

Same. A couple times. But once in Lawrence, KS at Liberty Hall. It was fabulous and memorable...a do not miss.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
They're amazing... I'm a long time GW fan... saw them a decade ago, then about a year and a half ago when it
was the David Rawlings Machine at a smaller venue... they blew everyone away....
IMO David R one the most talented, soulful guitarists on the planet!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Been a Gil/Dave fan from the beginning. Watched a ton of live performance video on YT too but I'd never seen this one before. Thanks for the link!

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
There's just something about the duet genre that is so cool, and these 2 work it to perfection.

This is my favorite song of theirs, "Dear Someone" recorded at the Ryman for the documentary/movie "Down From The Mountain." This version has the added benefit of John Hartford on the fiddle and Mike Compton on mandolin. I think this is the last footage recorded of John Hartford before his untimely passing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=lswjecWmJkM&usg=AOvVaw3tMLifKP86T3Z3R9ijd3RR