Any GV70 owners that can answer a question for me?

peashooterjw

Reaction score
My GV70 came to me in an beat-up, ill-fitting dreadnaught case. I found a used Guild case on ebay that had the right measurements, and it seems to fit like a glove... but it's a tight fit depthwise. The lid pulls down tight against the guitar. Not too tight, but it takes just the slightest pressure to seat the lid. Is this normal?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't THINK my D-55 and case fit quite that tight, there is a little resistance, and there is a clear impression of the bridge and strings in the felt on the inside of the lid.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
The lid on my OHSC only touches the strings where there is 5" of padding at frets 2-5. They came with a very nice deluxe case. I imagine it's that 5" depth at the lower bout that would make it tougher to find a really good fitting case.

wileypickett

Reaction score
I bought my GV70 from the original owner, a classical pianist, about a decade ago. The guitar, which was bought new, was a gift from her father upon her graduating college. Based on that I have no reason to think the case it came in isn't original. It's actually a dreadnaught-shaped case that the guitar is absolutely snug in.