1967 Guild F-30

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just new here, so not sure how this works. I am very curious about the scale length on my F-30. Not knowing exactly what it is, it looks like it's a little over 24.5 inches but everything I read says the scale length is 25.5 inches. I would like to know if anyone knows if and when they changed scale??? Thanks for this. According to the serial # it was built early 1967 and it sounds absolutely great!

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello RollyS,

Welcome! The scale length of your F-30 should be 24-3/4". That's what it was during the '60s, but it changed to 25-1/2" during the early '70s together with several other specs changes after which the F-30 became a somewhat different guitar. Still a great guitar, but different!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Rolly!
You already got the answer from the man himself. I love the short scale F30s. I'm surprised no one's mentioned yet that WE LIKE PICS! :biggrin-new:

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just new here, so not sure how this works. I am very curious about the scale length on my F-30. Not knowing exactly what it is, it looks like it's a little over 24.5 inches but everything I read says the scale length is 25.5 inches. I would like to know if anyone knows if and when they changed scale??? Thanks for this. According to the serial # it was built early 1967 and it sounds absolutely great!

Hans literally wrote the Guild book....so you have your answer from a reliable source already. I will say that I recently acquired a 1974 F-30 and found myself having no idea what to expect exactly. The F-30's of varying eras and from differing factories have different specs it seems....sometimes I even think that similar era F-30's have some differences. I just chalk it up to being a "Guild" thing. Mine is a 1 11/16" nut width and 25.5" scale from 1974 Westerly era. My F-30 is a super guitar and I like it, however, personally I would prefer your short scale length. I'd think that an F-30 short scale would be a real nice guitar to own.

Reaction score
Thanks so much everybody for the comebacks! Actually just back from a local jam with the F 30. It amazes most of the folks how much tone it has. I was drowning out the Takamine sitting next to me! My goto guitar is actually a Godin 5th Ave Kingpin II, but every once in a while there's nothing like a straight acoustic to sooth the soul so to speak! RollyS