I like the Patriots

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I know Brady broke his own Super Bowl record for yards thrown but he did drop the only pass that came his way and then butterfingered the ball when he fumbled with 2:00 left. I am going to go ahead and say that if Jimmy Garoppolo would have been in there they would have won. LOL!:hororr:

TX

I been saying the same thing all morning. :)

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Can't call it butterfingering when you have Brandon Graham knocking it out of your hands. Defence on both teams couldn't keep up all night. Heckuva time to get a sack and a strip.

Last edited:

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Can't call it butterfingering when you have Brandon Graham knocking it out of your hands. Defence on both teams couldn't keep up all night. Heckuva time to get a sack and a strip.

It took most of four quarters, but Messrs. Graham, Cox, Long, Curry, et. al. finally got after Mr. Brady late in the 4th. Eagles Nation was sitting around wondering when the D-Line fun was going to start.

They almost waited too long.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It took most of four quarters, but Messrs. Graham, Cox, Long, Curry, et. al. finally got after Mr. Brady late in the 4th. Eagles Nation was sitting around wondering when the D-Line fun was going to start.

They almost waited too long.

that was actually more on Brady than on the Eagles front 4. A QB of that calibur knows to chuck ball out of bounds, take the sack, live to throw another down. it was brutal to watch for me.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That strip sack is not on Brady. Those guys came in before he even had a chance to raise his arm for a pass. That was a great play by the Eagles defense, at exactly the right time.

Right now in NE, all sorts of things are being discussed:

Gronk may be considering retirement. At least based on his press conference it seems a possibility.

WTF was Malcolm Butler doing on the sidelines?

Josh McDaniels hasn't agreed to coach Indy yet, although Patricia is gone to Detroit. Does McDaniels know something about Belichek's future in NE that we don't?

It appears that whether we have Brady or not, there may be some holes in the dynasty...

We'll see!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That strip sack is not on Brady. Those guys came in before he even had a chance to raise his arm for a pass. That was a great play by the Eagles defense, at exactly the right time.

Right now in NE, all sorts of things are being discussed:

Gronk may be considering retirement. At least based on his press conference it seems a possibility.

WTF was Malcolm Butler doing on the sidelines?

Josh McDaniels hasn't agreed to coach Indy yet, although Patricia is gone to Detroit. Does McDaniels know something about Belichek's future in NE that we don't?

It appears that whether we have Brady or not, there may be some holes in the dynasty...

We'll see!

walrus

I just had to throw out that Jimmy G line to get you Patriots Fans all riled up. Especially after the reports whether they are true or false that Brady forced the trade for Jimmy G to happen LOL!

The way I see it is if the Pats win that is great and they certainly deserve to due to the consistency they have been able to produce for almost 2 decades now. But when they fall just short it is so much more fun to watch everyone running around screaming the sky is falling and pointing fingers at whose fault it is when in reality the other team in the equation just outplayed and Out coached them. Congrats to the Pats on another great season and even more Congrats to the Eagles on bringing home Philly's first Super Bowl Championship!

TX

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Oh, I'm with ya, tx! I laughed out loud at that Jimmy G. line! But this has been a strange year in Patriot-land, with some chinks showing in the armor - in fact the Jimmy G. trade (for essentially nothing in return) is certainly one of them.

The fallout from this game is real - the Gronk press conference, and the Butler controversy are not something you would normally see in the tightly controlled world of Bill Belichek. If your defense looks bad, and you see your second best (or best?) corner on the sidelines suited up, you have wonder what the heck is going on.

The sports-talk BS is pretty consistent - the Eagles played better, deserved to win. They were absolutely out-coached. No Mike Tomlin to hand the game to them this time. No choking Falcons. Just a relentless offensive attack by the Eagles.

But the Patriots did some very non-Patriot things this year, and in this game. And people are talking about it - I have a feeling they would be even if the Pats won.

It's really going to suck when they are just another team. We have been so spoiled!

Go Bruins!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You got to love the Kahoonies on Doug Pederson though. The Pats get cute with the pass to Brady and he drops it. Then right before half time Pederson calls the same type of play on 4th down and the Eagles execute it for a Touchdown. I was laughing my A$$ off when that happened. He was absolutely Fearless with his play calling and it seemed no situation was too big for the Eagles players. They just kept executing time after time. It reminded me of Sean Payton and the Saints calling and executing the onside kick to start the second half of the Super Bowl against the Colts and Peyton Manning. You could tell Pederson was playing by his rules and not letting the Pats Coaches dictate the game.

TX

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That particular play was called the Philly Special, and reports say that it was practised every day during the season. I suspect that it was designed for Wentz, rather than Foles. Foles had over 5 seconds in the 40...

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pats did a good job running the hurry-up offence, that kept the Eagles from rotating the defence. They are deep and if they were able to do that, the score might have been different. That's what good coaching does, make adjustments.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You got to love the Kahoonies on Doug Pederson though. The Pats get cute with the pass to Brady and he drops it. Then right before half time Pederson calls the same type of play on 4th down and the Eagles execute it for a Touchdown. I was laughing my A$$ off when that happened. He was absolutely Fearless with his play calling and it seemed no situation was too big for the Eagles players. They just kept executing time after time. It reminded me of Sean Payton and the Saints calling and executing the onside kick to start the second half of the Super Bowl against the Colts and Peyton Manning. You could tell Pederson was playing by his rules and not letting the Pats Coaches dictate the game.

TX

he got the play from Foles' high school tapes. He used to do that play often as QB in high school. I bet Pederson had it ready to go like weeks before the big game ;)

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
he got the play from Foles' high school tapes. He used to do that play often as QB in high school. I bet Pederson had it ready to go like weeks before the big game ;)
Read my post. That play was practiced every day, preseason too, come to find out. And since the much faster Wentz was the starter at the time, I would imagine that it was intended for his participation.

Reaction score
I met some friends in Atlantic City to watch the game, gamble and drink. (Not necessarily in that order.) After the game some guy wearing a Gronkowski jersey was in the men's room punching the wall. After he left I said to the guys next to me, "jeez that haven't won enough". They agreed.