Ncd!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Which stands for New Capo Day, of course!
ive been using Shubbs, but had some trouble on some guitars with it pulling the e string(s) off the frets. And, since in the next concert I’m going to be needing to shift between capoing at the 3rd and 7th frets, I thought a squeezey capo might be better. So I tried the Guild offering.
So far, I’m loving it! It doesn’t knock any strings out of tune, puts a nice even pressure on them all, and is easy to use.
Thumbs up!
(stock photo)
guild-capo_v2.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That looks like my Planet Waves capo - the "squeezey" ones are great!

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The NS Planet Waves is my favorite squeezy-type capo Mine looks like this but is the older model without the curved handle. The Planet waves has adjustable tension. Does the Guild?

pw_prod_pw-cp-09_main_1.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I really love my Shubb capos. I've got four of 'em (somewhere) and also a Kyser, which I hardly ever use. That Guild looks nice. Haven't had any trouble with the strings so far. You play way more different kinds of guitars than I, though.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No. (More characters so it will let me post.)

(In response to GAD, since Tom snuck in.)

CocoaPicker

Reaction score
AcornHouse, did your new capo mention a particular fretboard radius? It seems like I read somewhere that the Oxnard D-55 had a larger radius than older ones. I guess if it works well on your gear, it should for mine, though.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
AcornHouse, did your new capo mention a particular fretboard radius? It seems like I read somewhere that the Oxnard D-55 had a larger radius than older ones. I guess if it works well on your gear, it should for mine, though.

The Oxnard D55 has the same 12" radius fretboard as the previous Guild D55's had. 12" radius has been pretty much the standard Guild spec for most Guild guitars over the last 2-3 decades if I remember correctly. The spec sheet for the Oxnard D55 is at the bottom of the D55 page on the Guild website. Here is the link.

http://guildguitars.com/g/d-55-in-antique-sunburst/

TX

CocoaPicker

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m going to see if fixit has them in stock or can order one. He sold me my first Shubb, which takes two hands to set but works great... now that I learned to put it right over the fret, or rather so that the edge on the sounding side is over the fret peak. For some reason, capo changes have been more difficult then I remember since I returned to guitar playing. I remember setting my basic Kyser on my old Yamaha without any retuning needed; now, it seems all of my acoustics need more attention.

Of course, sound of the Guilds almost makes me glad that the Yamaha got stolen. :)