I need help with this Thunder 1 Prototype 1959

Reaction score
I dont know anything about guild amps besides that the Thunder 1 was not made in 1959. This amp has all matching parts dated 1959. It has never been played besides to test that it works. The "tremolo" effect on this amp is actually a rotary effect. If anyone knows more info, or if they know what I should do with this amp, please let me know.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. I'm thinking default or AcornHouse will be along with answers for you. They might include "sell it to me". :)

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Gavin, and Welcome!
We will need to see some pics of the amp to see what it is, and then try to figure out what's going on with it. You're correct, there is no such thing as a Thunder anything amp in '59, they started with that moniker in '65-'66.
I'm not sure what you mean by "rotary" tremolo; are you talking about some type of Leslie rotating speaker?

To post pics you will need to host them elsewhere (NOT PHOTOBUCKET!) and link to them here. Here's a thread about posting pics.
http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?185122-FAQ-Posting-pictures-to-LTG

I look forward to seeing what you have!

Reaction score
Is5Ruvg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's the pic from Gavin.
Is5Ruvg.jpg

It looks like someone had a regular Thunder 1 whose cabinet broke and made their own cab for it. I just worked on mine over the holidays, so I'm very familiar with the innards.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello Gavin,

I either spoke to you on the telephone about this amp, or the person you got it from, back when it was on Craigs List with no photos, a while back.

Happy you found Let's Talk Guild...have fun!

Eric