Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: F40 Valencia questions , Al ?

Quote Originally Posted by merlin6666 View Post
    You have to put in a bit of time and effort to find an archived page that has specs. But for many old models through the 2000s this can be found just check all archived front pages for each year and click on the instrument/product links from there.
    Are you saying on wayback there are archived pages of guild info ? Iím not seeing that or are you just saying a general web search ?

I do know ( or did ) that we both can search for the same thing and end up with different results , I call it the great google bubble . Lol

The collected data of my searchís stay within said bubble when something new enters said search you might get lucky but mostly likely thereís a big walkabout because itís not within said bubble .

Ive seen first hand but I have admit itís been a few years since I compared searches .

Quote Originally Posted by Rayk View Post
    Are you saying on wayback there are archived pages of guild info ? I’m not seeing that or are you just saying a general web search ?
    He means on Wayback.

It also occurs to me it may not be optimized for a mobile browser.
    I know nothing about those.

But yes I think I understand what you're saying,
    Earlier today I did try it out and also ran into a dead end when trying to find a mid-'03 price list.
    ON my desktop I had to kind of scroll my palm cursor around the circle to see what that slice of the pie represents, and than click on what you want to see, then follow those links.
    Last edited by adorshki; 02-16-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

Quote Originally Posted by adorshki View Post
    He means on Wayback.

It also occurs to me it may not be optimized for a mobile browser.
    I know nothing about those.

But yes I think I understand what you're saying,
    Earlier today I did try it out and also ran into a dead end when trying to find a mid-'03 price list.
    ON my desktop I had to kind of scroll my palm cursor around the circle to see what that slice of the pie represents, and than click on what you want to see, then follow those links.
    Ahh I will try that . Hey check misc Iím gunna share something you like or maybe not itís music from my fav group ;)

One more question folks are the F40ís from NH and back Honduras mahogany?

One more question folks are the F40’s from NH and back Honduras mahogany?
    To the best of my knowledge both Tacoma and New Hartford were Honduran.

TX
    Guilds
    Hoboken-1960 X175, 1961 SF-II
    Westerly-1971 F612, 1976 G41, 2000 SF-V, 1984 S284, 1993 JF100-NT-CRV
    Nashville C.S. SFIV-3 P90 w/Trem
    Corona-2003 Fleming F47-Brz RW, 2003 D55 50th Brz #10 of 50, 2003 X160 R.B., 2003 SF-III-90
    Conn-2011 GSR D50 Coco, 2011 F212XL STD, 2013 R30S, 2013 Orph 12 Fret Slope, 2013 Orph Jumbo, 2014 Orph Burst 000-12 Fret 12 String S.H. RW, 2012 F50-DTAR, 2012 F50R Burst, 2012 F50R DTAR, 2013 F512 Burst, 2014 F512-DTAR, 2014 D55-RS

Amps
    70 T-bird 2x12
    93 Sequoia

Westerlyguildguitars.com is your friend and has other years of price pages and articles, too, besides a great picture gallery.
    And it's run by member(s) here.
    Once I tried to provide the specs for my F-48 (when I owned it) to the Westerly website email address, but the info was never posted.
    1994 DV-72 (ex-richardp69)
    1999 Finesse Nashville Custom Shop (ex-richardp69)
    2000 JF-65CE Nashville Custom Shop (ex-richardp69)
    2010 F-40 GSR Cocobolo (ex-richardp69)
    2012 F-47KCE GSR (ex-richardp69)

Quote Originally Posted by txbumper57 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge both Tacoma and New Hartford were Honduran.

TX
    Interesting as far as NH goes was Cites regulation not in force then ? I ask because it seems many already jumped to African Mahogany or Sapele .

Interesting as far as NH goes was Cites regulation not in force then ? I ask because it seems many already jumped to African Mahogany or Sapele .
    I do recall a comment from Chaz that he had heard at one of the Let's Meet Guild functions that NH WAS exploring alternatives due to concerns about status/availability going forward.
    Understand there are different categories of CITES listings, they aren't "one size fits all":
    https://www.fws.gov/international/ci...-cites-101.pdf
    Just because it's listed doesn't mean you can't get it.
    Appendix I is reserved for species for which no commercial transactions are allowed because of threat of extinction, that's where Brazilian Rosewood is listed:
    https://www.fws.gov/international/pl...e-species.html
    The majority of guitar/instrument woods are listed on "Appendix II" which only requires documentation the wood was legally harvested and the source. (Since different sources may have different national rules for export.)
    3 types of 'hog have been listed since '75, '92 and '95.
    I think the issue with true 'hog is more about cost than restricted availability and that's why yes we saw other makers going to African varieties even in the mid-90's, right after the 3rd western hemisphere species was listed.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

A lot of that had to do with cost Ray. They were trying to save a buck any way possible so the cheaper African variations such as Khaya and Sapele were used on the cheaper import instruments to keep cost down. However New Hartford themselves even verified that they were trying to create instruments that were of a Boutique production quality and level with their American made models. Hence the more expensive "Genuine Mahogany" on the Tacoma and New Hartford models.

TX
    Guilds
    Hoboken-1960 X175, 1961 SF-II
    Westerly-1971 F612, 1976 G41, 2000 SF-V, 1984 S284, 1993 JF100-NT-CRV
    Nashville C.S. SFIV-3 P90 w/Trem
    Corona-2003 Fleming F47-Brz RW, 2003 D55 50th Brz #10 of 50, 2003 X160 R.B., 2003 SF-III-90
    Conn-2011 GSR D50 Coco, 2011 F212XL STD, 2013 R30S, 2013 Orph 12 Fret Slope, 2013 Orph Jumbo, 2014 Orph Burst 000-12 Fret 12 String S.H. RW, 2012 F50-DTAR, 2012 F50R Burst, 2012 F50R DTAR, 2013 F512 Burst, 2014 F512-DTAR, 2014 D55-RS

Amps
    70 T-bird 2x12
    93 Sequoia

I do recall a comment from Chaz that he had heard at one of the Let's Meet Guild functions that NH WAS exploring alternatives due to concerns about status/availability going forward.
    Understand there are different categories of CITES listings, they aren't "one size fits all":
    https://www.fws.gov/international/ci...-cites-101.pdf
    Just because it's listed doesn't mean you can't get it.
    Appendix I is reserved for species for which no commercial transactions are allowed because of threat of extinction, that's where Brazilian Rosewood is listed:
    https://www.fws.gov/international/pl...e-species.html
    The majority of guitar/instrument woods are listed on "Appendix II" which only requires documentation the wood was legally harvested and the source. (Since different sources may have different national rules for export.)
    3 types of 'hog have been listed since '75, '92 and '95.
    I think the issue with true 'hog is more about cost than restricted availability and that's why yes we saw other makers going to African varieties even in the mid-90's, right after the 3rd western hemisphere species was listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by txbumper57 View Post
    A lot of that had to do with cost Ray. They were trying to save a buck any way possible so the cheaper African variations such as Khaya and Sapele were used on the cheaper import instruments to keep cost down. However New Hartford themselves even verified that they were trying to create instruments that were of a Boutique production quality and level with their American made models. Hence the more expensive "Genuine Mahogany" on the Tacoma and New Hartford models.

TX
    Thanks guys great info .😁