Need Opinion on GAD-40CE (asking for a friend)

PittPastor

Reaction score
A friend of mine was offered a trade for this guitar:

uGTPrm7.jpg

It's a GAD-40CE. The guitar he'll be putting up in a one-off seafoam green electric guitar. I think he paid $350 for it, but says its worth $600.

What is a GAD-40CE worth? That's the only pic I have, This is what the guy says about his GAD-40CE.

Any thoguhts?

A well-balanced sound with a clear bass, lively top end, and a Fishman Matrix VT.

The Guild GAD-40CE cutaway mahogany dreadnought produces a well-balanced sound with a clear bass and lively top end. Applicable to all musical styles, this guitar also features design appointments such as wood binding and mother-of-pearl inlays.

The Fishman Matrix VT pickup system provides for excellent reproduction of the natural sound of the instrument.

FEATURES
Solid spruce top
Solid mahogany back and sides
Bone nut and saddle
Fishman Matrix VT pickup system

Unique Features: Dovetail Neck Joint, Ornate Mother-of-Pearl Position Inlays, Strap Button With Internal Block Reinforcement, Abalone Side Dot Position Inlays, Mother-of-Pearl Headstock Logo, Ebony Bridge Pins With Mop Dots, Ebony End Pin With Mop Dot, Bone Nut and Saddle, Dark Mahogany Body Bindings, Tortoise Shell Pickguard, Back Center Wood Mosaic Inlay

Butch

Reaction score
I have an early production GAD 40CE and it’s a great guitar. I paid around $650.00 for it new. I was so impressed with it that I a few years ago I bought a GAD F1512 as well. In addition to these two guitars I also own 7 vintage Guilds. I don’t know anything about his guitar, so I have no idea of it’s value. Keep in mind that the GAD series is made in China so it’s not an American Guild.

PittPastor

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

He went for it. I'll see it tonight at practice. I'm going to take him some Guild swag, and tell him he needs to join LTG.