NGD - in transit

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Non-Guild content....

I was NOT in the market for a new guitar unless a nice one became available at some ridiculously low price...

So I'd happened upon this ebay auction for a 1-year-old Martin 12-string with bidding that was staying well under HALF of its $1,600 pricetag if it was brand new. Even in the last minutes of the auction, it was still under $800. I figured I'd snipe in a lowball bid and probably get outbid, but no, I got a fantastic deal on this Martin 12-string!

s-l500.jpg

It's a GPC12PA4. Solid sapele b/s and sitka top, faux ebony fretboard.... I actually bought a new 6-string GPCPA4 some time ago - really a well-done guitar, gorgeous finish and detail, but I wasn't crazy about the tone or electronics and eventually sold it with no regrets. I'm thinking this 12er is going to be different because, you know, it's a 12-string. :tiger: Now, the waiting.....

felix.gif

Last edited:

Sands

Reaction score
Congrats! I've never strummed a 12 string. Always figured my fingers would be too big.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Ah-the wait and all those thoughts floating around in your mind. Keep us posted.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, all!

Nice! Let us know how it compares to your JF30.

Frankly, I don't expect it to come close. I'm thinking the tone will be less complex. We'll see. Mainly, I need another 12er for alternate tunings.... :nevreness:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Funny I type congrats but when I look at the screen auto correct says ingrates lmao

Anyway Congtats ! Can’t wait to hear it and read your review 😁

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ray. Yeah, I'm kind of anxious about getting it and playing it myself!

Go figure lol I’m anxiously in wait myself for my new toy . I expect mine Thursday . When’s yours come in ?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, Cougar!! Super nice looking Martin there!! I have a feeling (since it won't be me buying it) the next guitar in this household will most likely be a Martin. And I'm totally good with that. Congratulations!! Try not to wear out the rug...... :encouragement:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, Cougar!! Super nice looking Martin there!!

Yeah, I hope it's in excellent shape. The seller did say he "brought this guitar as new less than a year ago." And he had "pastor" in his user name, lol. It's apparently not "our" pastor here.... :02.47-tranquillity:

...I’m anxiously in wait myself for my new toy . I expect mine Thursday . When’s yours come in ?

Did I miss something, or you're just waiting to mention a new acquisition? :emmersed: They say Thursday for mine, too, but it should be here Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. :eagerness:

s-l500.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope it's in excellent shape. The seller did say he "brought this guitar as new less than a year ago." And he had "pastor" in his user name, lol. It's apparently not "our" pastor here.... :02.47-tranquillity:

Did I miss something, or you're just waiting to mention a new acquisition? :emmersed: They say Thursday for mine, too, but it should be here Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. :eagerness:

s-l500.jpg

Yeah you missed something lol see everyone is comfy with my posts ,think that though it started somewhat interesting it’s Ray blabbing and nothing new will pop up then Bang ! there it is ! It’s still boring but none the less you missed it lmao

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
a teaser if I my
5IMcSUh.jpg
[/IMG]

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....They say Thursday for mine, too, but it should be here Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. :eagerness:

It's looking better than expected...

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
Feb-18-2018, 03:53 AM

That's in my city!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It's looking better than expected...

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
Feb-18-2018, 03:53 AM

That's in my city!

Sweetness ! Now the pacing increases lol

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And Monday is Presidents' Day holiday! No deliveries! AAAaauuugghhh!!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

It is always something isn't it? Looking forward to your thoughts on that Cute Wee Little Hog 12 String.:pig:

TX

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking forward to your thoughts on that Cute Wee Little Hog 12 String.:pig:

Haha, yes, 15 3/4" lower bout is a long way from 17". I'm usually plugging in anyway. Will be interesting.

Meanwhile, my prized JF30-12 is "sick" and in the shop! I had just taken her in for a regular setup. I got a call yesterday saying she may need a little more than that. I basically said whatever she needs! That's my main ax!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

I know right ! Lol I don’t even know mine is besides between here and there haha

Haha, yes, 15 3/4" lower bout is a long way from 17". I'm usually plugging in anyway. Will be interesting.

Meanwhile, my prized JF30-12 is "sick" and in the shop! I had just taken her in for a regular setup. I got a call yesterday saying she may need a little more than that. I basically said whatever she needs! That's my main ax!

Open up the wallet let the fun begin 😁
Hope she just needs tweaking :)