correct pot and cap?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
As you can see, the buttons are not butterbeans, the ends of the plates are the same shape as on H97's, but the screw holes are closer together, as on V98's. There's nothing similar on the Grover website.
If I installed H97's I would have to drill new holes, and if I installed V98's there might be some bare wood showing because the ends are different, plus I really like the original buttons.

Any ideas?

Alternatively, the cog wheels look kinda chewed up—is there a source for replacements?

IMG_0232.jpgIMG_0233.jpg
You might try just replacing the cogs. That way you keep the original look of those rectangular buttons as well as not needing to change the baseplate and screws. It’d just be a matter of matching the cog size.

Midnight Toker

Reaction score
Annapolis Md A drinking town w/ a sailing problem!
Guild Total
Super sweet guitar!! My 66 T100d was a project guitar when I got it, and I too have thought about humbuckers before. I've come to love the out of phase quack in the middle position on mine too much to want to change them now, but, there are high quality handmade humbuckers out there designed specifically for replacing P-90's without having to do any body modifications and would be reversible. Just a FYI. I've heard nothing but great things about this custom maker out of Manchester England. His orders are constantly backlogged, but from just about every review I've read about any of his pups, the general gist is "I can't believe these pups don't cost 2-3x as much!"

I was thinking about trying them out in my p90 Les Paul as well. Just for a temporary change of pace.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That would be ideal—I was wondering about that. Any idea where I might find them? :unsure:
You might look at used Sta-tites (or a new set). But you’ll need to measure precisely to get a match. You could also contact Grover support for just the part. Another avenue is a longtime guitar repair guy (or gal). They have drawers full of old parts that they’ve saved over the years.