Upgraded the X160

Reaction score
I installed the Grover Roto-Grip locking tuners! Easy job, just take out the originals and pop in the new ones! No muss, no fuss!

IW6k1X3.jpg

uS9VNJ1.jpg

Works great with the String-thru Callaham bar for hassle-free string changes and great tuning stability!

MjJYj9k.jpg

With the 7/8" Bigsby spring, the ABR-1 TuneOMatic saddle/rosewood base, and the D'Addario 11's (Balanced Tension) this baby sings!!
AND it stays in tune! Did a little emory cloth cleaning of the nut and added a little bit of Big Bends "nut sauce" too.

Did it all myself, very easy mods. It's really road-worthy now And everything can be returned to 100% factory, if ever needed.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice work Retro! Big Bends Nut Sauce Eh? Going to take awhile to get that image out of my head this morning, LOL!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Big Bends Nut Sauce is awesome. You can also use graphite from a pencil "lead" in a pinch if you're ever in need.

Nice work! I love those locking tuners. Do you notice any difference in weight with them installed?

Reaction score
Big Bends Nut Sauce is awesome. You can also use graphite from a pencil "lead" in a pinch if you're ever in need.

Nice work! I love those locking tuners. Do you notice any difference in weight with them installed?

I don’t notice the difference in weight at all, probably due to the counter-weight of the Guildsby.
But I wouldn’t put them on my acoustics. I can sure feel the weight difference between the Grover’s and the open- back Gotohs on my F50s!