Ren Ferguson The Real Story of Gibson to Guild

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
It has been around several times. Note that you have linked to part 1 of 3. My recollection is that parts 2 and 3 were on the internet for a while and then disappeared. I think they eventually returned but I seem to recall there were some strong opinions expressed. If you look at YouTube one of the comments states that "...Part 2 because he talks about Gibson CEO Henry Juskewicz and how he was their top luthier, but Henry was paying him a paltry salary. Henry blocked that video from being published..."

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It has been around several times. Note that you have linked to part 1 of 3. My recollection is that parts 2 and 3 were on the internet for a while and then disappeared. I think they eventually returned but I seem to recall there were some strong opinions expressed. If you look at YouTube one of the comments states that "...Part 2 because he talks about Gibson CEO Henry Juskewicz and how he was their top luthier, but Henry was paying him a paltry salary. Henry blocked that video from being published..."

yeah, i heard similar from a friend of Ren's who used to own the Folk Shop here in Tucson. He said Gibson basically jobbed him. That is why Ren left. In his opinion of course.

What a golden era for Guild then New Hartford years, Ren leading the charge, No wonder so many laud that brief period in Guild's history.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
but Henry was paying him a paltry salary. Henry blocked that video from being published..."

Just like the candy bar....Oh Henry!

I figured that I wasn't the first to have come across this. Sorry for my redundancy.