Replacement tuners for F212

Reaction score
Hey all in Guild-land. I’ve got a beautiful 1973 F 212 which I love. It’s completely original and I’d love to keep her that way but the original tuners are about shot.
I can’t seem to find any replacements of good quality. These are 6 on a plate style tuners, open back.
Who’s got a good source? None of the bigs seem to do these. I’ve tried Grover, Schaller, Waverly, Gotoh.
Somebody out there knows something I’m sure.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey all in Guild-land. I’ve got a beautiful 1973 F 212 which I love. It’s completely original and I’d love to keep her that way but the original tuners are about shot.
I can’t seem to find any replacements of good quality. These are 6 on a plate style tuners, open back.
Who’s got a good source? None of the bigs seem to do these. I’ve tried Grover, Schaller, Waverly, Gotoh.
Somebody out there knows something I’m sure.

Hello Jkarbel,

Might be able to help you out. Just go ahead and contact me through my website.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
I have also been looking for open-back tuners for my '73 F212 as well. I was hoping open back and direct replacement, don't want to wind up with extra holes on the back of the headstock. Plus I don't want to make the guitar any more headstock-heavy than it already is, or drill out holes.

Seems like a tall order I know, but with so many of these guitars around, I don't understand why someone would not offer replacements. The originals weren't that great.

Whatever I've tried does not match up.

Thanks!