Graduation present

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
So our son is about to graduate with his Bachelor's in Architecture and Facilities Management.

Along the way he has also become quite accomplished on the guitar; like his Dad, he prefers acoustic. We like to play the same stuff: classic rock, and newer stuff from Wood Bros., Old Crow Medicine Show, The Devil Makes Three, etc.

I'm thinking "guitar" for a graduation present. and seeing as I'll never part with my D-25M and my DV-52ABHG, (and he's going to end up with them some day anyway) I guess I'll have buy him one for graduation.

I'm thinking a nice cherry-colored vintage D-15 from the late '80's, but that's just me.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good thought, that would be '94, solidly in Westerly territory.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
perfect, mav, am pursuing it!

happy to hear! good luck!

i am not an arch back dread guy myself, but that mahogany top/back/sides on any well
made guitar is the magic recipie, imo. hope this all works out for you.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haha, I suggested a road trip and the seller scoffed in my general direction - he said "I must be selling this guitar too cheap!"

griehund

Reaction score
If I was going to consider buying another acoustic, which I am not, I would be looking for a cutaway. But that's just me. If your son plays rock, he might appreciate the accessibility of the upper frets. Just sayin.