New to Guild Forum!

RevDavidLee

Reaction score
Okay folks - I just ordered a set of each of the strings that you recommended from Musicians Friend. I appreciate the suggestions & will let you know my impressions! Thanks again. Have a great weekend everyone!

RevDavidLee

Reaction score
That's fantastic, Rev! Good to see you over from the Gibson site. It's all one internet. I got a New Hartford-built F212 recently that was (and is) dead mint like that. It still had the plastic on the pickguard! You've got a beauty dread there! Next you've got to try a jumbo or a jumbo 12. :tiger:

Good to see you over here Cougar! It just shows we share good taste in guitars! :peaceful:

Reaction score
If you really want to enjoy it to it’s fullest, take it to a qualified tech/ luthier and have the nut and saddle replaced with hand-cut, high-quality bone, and use the D’Addario light strings! It’s not expensive, but it will be the best investment you can make for playing pleasure!

jedzep

Reaction score
Here you are, Dave, tormenting others with your tale of good fortune. Guilds certainly have their own voice. It'll be interesting to hear your take on tone.

RevDavidLee

Reaction score

RevDavidLee

Reaction score
If you really want to enjoy it to it’s fullest, take it to a qualified tech/ luthier and have the nut and saddle replaced with hand-cut, high-quality bone, and use the D’Addario light strings! It’s not expensive, but it will be the best investment you can make for playing pleasure!

I may at some point. I need to mention that I own over 70 guitars. Tweaking this one may take awhile to get to :smile-new:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I may at some point. I need to mention that I own over 70 guitars. Tweaking this one may take awhile to get to :smile-new:

Oooooo I’d like to see that list and what’s your address ? Lol

CocoaPicker

Reaction score

My wife and I recently dined with a retired couple from AZ. She was a member of the Arizona Banjo Blasters, some of whom have sizeable instrument collections— a malady which her husband called “BAD,” for Banjo Acquisition Disease.

Now I’m wondering if “GAD” has a hidden meaning. :)

Last edited:

RevDavidLee

Reaction score
Oooooo I’d like to see that list and what’s your address ? Lol

LOL - you'll have to get in a very long line :smile-new: I've been at this for a very long time. What has surprised me on the forums I frequent is that my collection is but a mere pittance to many others I've seen. Those guys make me feel like I'm normal. :highly_amused:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
LOL - you'll have to get in a very long line :smile-new: I've been at this for a very long time. What has surprised me on the forums I frequent is that my collection is but a mere pittance to many others I've seen. Those guys make me feel like I'm normal. :highly_amused:

By all means Rev please feel free to stick around, I seem to be one of the folks here with Guild Acquisition Disorder and since your collection outnumbers me by 20 or so you are making me feel normal about it! Most Folks just don't understand how hard it is to sell guitars when you have culled your collection down and all of your guitars are Keepers for one reason or another, LOL. You decide to cut loose of one and then pull it out to make sure everything is ok before listing it. Then of course you make the mistake of playing it. Five minutes later you realize why you have kept it all these years and it is back off of the market before it ever gets listed! Not to mention every now and then a piece of candy like that D4 comes along and you just can't resist it. It is a wonderful and vicious circle to be a part of for sure. Best of luck and just so you are forewarned, Guilds are extremely addicting and once you have one you can bet that more are on their way so make sure and clear some extra space for the newcomers, LOL!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
My wife and I recently dined with a retired couple from AZ. She was a member of the Arizona Banjo Blasters, some of whom have sizeable instrument collections— a malady which her husband called “BAD,” for Banjo Acquisition Disease.

Now I’m wondering if “GAD” has a hidden meaning. :)

First hit when you Google GAD: https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/generalized-anxiety-disorder-gad

I can neither confirm nor deny that the disorder was named for me.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Oh, it's so true. Everything is relative with regard to acquisition mania. Around here, everyone gets "enabled" at one time or another. :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh, it's so true. Everything is relative with regard to acquisition mania. Around here, everyone gets "enabled" at one time or another. :)

Geez , subs it’s my poordom but I feel guitar as hell with the 7 guitars I have and not all of them are high end lol or guild high end lol

I just can’t collect without a reason and that reason would be profit .

I think I had a kid to late and started on quality guitars waaaaay to late !

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ray, seriously, it's all relative. And, it's not really about money, at least not to most of us and definitely not to the folks that I've spoken to with large collections.

The bottom line is that we're all blessed here with ANY Guilds in the stable. That's my $0.02 (very cheap) and I'm stickin' with it! :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray, seriously, it's all relative. And, it's not really about money, at least not to most of us and definitely not to the folks that I've spoken to with large collections.

The bottom line is that we're all blessed here with ANY Guilds in the stable. That's my $0.02 (very cheap) and I'm stickin' with it! :)

I’m gunna pass on a rebuttal .