Dixie Dregs - Wednesday, Billy Cobham - Sunday

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I first heard Mr. Cobham on McCoy Tyner's Fly With The Wind LP.

I remember thinking, "and I thought Keith Moon hit the drums hard ..."

If you look at photos of Mr. Cobham from back then (mid-'70's), he looked like an NFL player who somehow figured out to play drums spectacularly well.

Enjoy the show.

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Going to be a festive week ahead. Dregs with Steve Morse. Great percussion with Billy.

Enjoy James! A buddy of mine had a ticket for me at last Friday's Dregs show at Town Hall in NYC, but I declined because my bum still hurts from the John McLaughlin show last November. Beautiful old theater, but the seats are brutal!

Last edited:

Aristera

Reaction score
Enjoy James! A buddy of mine had a ticket for me at last Friday's Dregs show at Town Hall in NYC, but I declined because my bum still hurts from the John McLaughlin show last November. Beautiful old theater, but the seats are brutal!

Cushioned seats at The Egg. I saw the Jimmy Herring/John McLaughlin show last November there as as well.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cushioned seats at The Egg. I saw the Jimmy Herring/John McLaughlin show last November there as as well.

I remember! There's padded seats at Town Hall too, but they're old and lumpy, and the seats are so cramped that it really helps to be 5'8" or less (I'm 6'3"). Never again!