1985 Guild 6 string electric pilot

Reaction score
Okay so I have this 1985 Guild electric six string pilot with Seymour Duncan's Kahler tremolo. It has a few dings in the paint job. Plays like a dream still. Needs a whammy bar. Trying to figure out how much this thing could be worth. If anyone can help me out with this that would be great. Will submit photos Etc.

DThomasC

Reaction score
No pics? Never happened... :biggrin-new:

Seriously though, condition is everything. Besides the fact that we love looking at photos here, that's the only way anyone could judge condition.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. "Pilot" suggests a bass but I am not sure there was a six string Pilot in 1985. We do know about a tremolo, though.

I think I'll move this to Bass just in case.

1985aSB-602.JPG

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
there is a Guild guitar that says "Pilot" on the headstock or TRC, I have seen it

just found this vid

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
there is a Guild guitar that says "Pilot" on the headstock or TRC, I have seen it

just found this vid

That video makes me feel like I'm on a senior cruise or something.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The guy in the video can play - cool clip! But that look into the camera at :05 was very Vincent Price-ish...

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. "Pilot" suggests a bass but I am not sure there was a six string Pilot in 1985. We do know about a tremolo, though.

I think I'll move this to Bass just in case.

1985aSB-602.JPG

That's actually really cool. Don't hear much whammy bass these days. In fact, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything outside of David Lee Roth from the '80s...

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That's actually really cool. Don't hear much whammy bass these days. In fact, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything outside of David Lee Roth from the '80s...

Yeah, it was my first pilot with the factory Kahler. I use to use it a little bit but it knocks the bass out of tune.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very interesting.

I have the same guitar as in the video. (alas, mine does not say Pilot!)

100_6662.jpg

does yours have a bolt on neck? I believe the one in the video does as it is not only a "Pilot" but also a "GX" series. i have seen the GX without the Pilot logo, same guitar as pictured/videoed.

hey Grot, have a great show tonight! was going to try to make it but it might be tough, especially for your early start time. the Stoney Pony is legendary! have fun man, Night Shift rules!!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
does yours have a bolt on neck? I believe the one in the video does as it is not only a "Pilot" but also a "GX" series. i have seen the GX without the Pilot logo, same guitar as pictured/videoed.

hey Grot, have a great show tonight! was going to try to make it but it might be tough, especially for your early start time. the Stoney Pony is legendary! have fun man, Night Shift rules!!

Hley thanks Mav! We had a great time! Indeed it was a lifetime dream to play the "Pony" When you grew up around here, the Pony is hallowed ground!

+

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You played the Stone Pony? That's killer!

Indeed we did!

Here's proof!

Picture1_zps0mavycjl.jpg

29597369_2515896751968850_5827135623893317947_n_zpsfgp1fkbq.jpg

We were the lead-off band for a four band show for a environmental benefit put on by a group called EarthShare. The event was EarthShare ROCKS!

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice, Grot. looks like you guys were dominating! looks loud...I need to catch the band again soon