What is Your Guitar Bucket List?

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
An F-50R, not sure what era I'd want, and a Martin 0-16NY. Right now I have too many guitars and not enough playing, so I don't anticipate getting either one unless I get rid of another one.
Brad

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
See a 12 fret one on Washington DC craigslist $1800.

Don't want one of them Stubs! It's got to be a Orpheum 14 fret mahogany OM. I sent one back with a bad top (now living with Jeff Cooper) thinking it would be easy to get another. Boy was I wrong!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I'm fortunate enough that I've been able to at least borrow if not own pretty much everything out there. In truth I've got too much stuff to justify getting anything else rare or widely desired. I just wouldn't play it enough 'cuz it would have to compete with other very fine guitars I already don't play enough. One guitar I wouldn't turn down, though, if it fell into my lap is an original Aristocrat in rough cosmetic but great playing shape. I've tried out some "closet classics" with prices to match but I'd rather have one with lotsa miles on it, played a ton 'cuz it sounds great. Like my old Tele.

-Dave-

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
oh and my bucket list is more of a yeah-right list.
i have no real intention at all right now in my life to buy another Guild or any other acoustic for that matter.
while i have been known a time or two to whine about the Br (oh I know I being conservative here), it is way enough for what i need, even with old EJ16s on it.
GAS is just not a reality for me, while SAS till is :)

ah, and the newest Br humor development, no more TRC. the holes finally got too stripped to actually screw into anymore LOL, so now the TRC is sitting in a drawer. Not even Joe's cool toothpick trick is working anymore, so if anyone needs a Hoboken era TRC for their early Westerly or towards end of Hoboken Guild, let me know.

Mav told me the TRC is in fact from Hoboken left over inventory. anyway, happy to pass it along. At least Al cannot tell me anymore my TRC is upside down, as it is just not there...

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
At least Al cannot tell me anymore my TRC is upside down, as it is just not there...
I never coulda said that without pics. (Said the guy who never posts pics of his own :glee:)
But instead of the old toothpick trick, how about sawdust and Elmer's, then thread the screws in when it's almost but not quite dry, to get some thread in the glue.
You could sand down the top some for the sawdust, to keep it all original.
Yea I know, this should be in tech forum but what the heck.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
But instead of the old toothpick trick, how about sawdust and Elmer's, then thread the screws in when it's almost but not quite dry, to get some thread in the glue.
You could sand down the top some for the sawdust, to keep it all original.

I forgot to mention I am kind of lazy Al :).
but i know we got elmers lying around the house, most likely in the older kid's desk so this could be fun.

ClydeTower

Reaction score

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh geez one of everything I don’t have lol

Short term complete contemporary series
Co-1
Cv-2
Replacement CV-1
F30. NH
F30R. NH
F50R. NH
Fantasy F50 hog , Gruhn model right ? Is all that’s out there less the Orpheum .
F512 NH

Long term let’s not go there lol

refret

Reaction score
Martin HJ-28 now that I think of it. I had one about 10 years ago, but it became the victim of a financial crisis.....

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh, and that '98 SFV I played at Elderly yesterday...:love_heart: