What is Your Guitar Bucket List?

ClydeTower

Reaction score
I admit it. I have a guitar bucket list. Not the kind of list that contains rare vintage guitars or limited editions and the likes... but rather real guitars you can realistically find (with a little determination and will), buy (without remortgaging your house , and play (not a museum piece that needs to stay inside a glass coffin). A working man's bucket list, a dream list yet obtainable.

My list continues to evolve which keeps it interesting. Some of you may have a list that contains Guilds exclusively, which is great. Me, I tend to want to pick the best that each brand has to offer. I'm trying to keep my list at around 10 guitars, but that might become harder and harder... Right now, this is my hunting list:

• Guild D55 (NH) - :subdued:
  • Guild F512 (NH) - :subdued:
  • Guild F50R Burst (NH)
  • Gibson SJ200 Burst - :subdued:
  • Gibson ES335 Block 63 reissue Cherry Red
  • Gibson Les Paul 59 reissue
  • Martin HD-28 Retro - :subdued:
  • Martin 000-15SM
  • Taylor 814ce (V bracing)
  • Collings OM2H
  • Fender stratocaster (David Gilmour Black) - :subdued:

:subdued: = Currently own

So I'd like to know, what is YOUR GUITAR BUCKET LIST?

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

After getting the second Songbird Custom I became aware of The Excellence - http://westerlyguildguitars.com/guitars/excellence.html - in case someone has one of these - please write about it .

Hey Clyde - YES - it is on my list - but most likely I will never even see one in my expected lifetime.

Last edited:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild M-30 Del Rio
Guild Starfire XII
Guild Artist Award (not mortgage money, but certainly liquidation money)
Guild A-350
Guild Starfire II (early dynasonic version)
Gibson Les Paul Custom ‘54 (with the Alnico V Staple pup; probably have to settle for one of the reissues, which are pricey enough on their own)

I’m sure I’ll be picking up some others before I can find/afford the marquee items.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
For me right now it's a 1964 Guild Starfire III.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Actually, my Guild bucket list is the D40 to complete my 3 major Guild tonewoods.
But my Guitar Bucket Lust is a Chris Bozung custom Mahogany dred.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Martin CEO 2 (don't see them often-one on Reverb right now at way more than I am willing to consider) and a Martin CEO 3 (I had one and sold it-DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gibson J-45
Martin 0-16NY
Gibson Dove
Guild D25 arched
F112
D55

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Don't think the one I want exists:
F47rce with shortscale and 1-11/16 nut....
but at least that keeps me safe from GAS-ing too much....
:glee:

Neal

Reaction score
Just procured my "holy grail" guitar, a '49 Gibson J-50. Player grade, but all original and sounds like a chorus of angels singing. Actually more of a Guild-like balanced tone than the expected Gibson "thump". A real Swiss Army knife, good at a lot of different styles.

Best of all, it has a short scale, fat neck and a wide-enough nut. Perfect for my hands.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just procured my "holy grail" guitar, a '49 Gibson J-50. Player grade, but all original and sounds like a chorus of angels singing. Actually more of a Guild-like balanced tone than the expected Gibson "thump". A real Swiss Army knife, good at a lot of different styles.

Best of all, it has a short scale, fat neck and a wide-enough nut. Perfect for my hands.

A '50s Gibson slope shoulder is definitely on my bucket list. I'm not all that sure I'd get along with the baseball bat neck, but if I did, I'd part with my WM45, which has about the best (relatively slim) neck profile of any of mine. Other than that, I'd like to find the right Alembic bass, hopefully one that isn't overly heavy. Everything else I've pretty much tried.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
A birth year electric. A Guild 50, a Guild 99. Both the wall voltage variety. Other than that, no grails for me.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
- a nice red D-15
- any Westerly Starfire II
- a DV-73
- a vintage Kustom 500 head/cab combo, blue sparkle

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There are some guitars I'd love to have, but probably never will, because they'rre expensive, because I really don't need another guitar - actually, I'm on stage much less than I used to be because the work just isn't there any more, the world has changed drastically in recent years. My gear used to pay for itself, or was a tool I made most of my living with - not any more. So it just doesn't make sense for me to buy guitars, especially considering how spoiled I already am, gear-wise.

That said, a guy can dream, so some things on my completely unrealistic bucket list are :

-50's Gibson ES-350, the full-body, full scale model with twin P90's.
-single coil early style Gibson Les Paul custom, I still think that's one of the classiest solidbodies out there
-early Guild F47 with the horsey pickguard (that's something I might eventually buy if I get some kind of lucky break)
-X500 with Dearmond pickups, a friend of mine has an early 60's one that eats Dynasonic Gretsches for breakfast and plays great, not to mention looks great.
-a nice Fender Jazzmaster
-a brownface Fender Vibrolux, Deluxe and Concet amp.
-a nice Gibson advanced Jumbo reissue. I've played some really nice Montana ones. They're the nicest Martin Gibson ever made :)
-A TK Smith guitar - google him if you never heard of him.
-a good single coil Gretsch Duo Jet - hard to find a really nice player, and overpriced these days.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Another vote for a Starfire XII.

1 each of every model of the Orpheums.

[Edit: Just saw Tx's FS post and need to add a JF-100 CRV. Oh yeah, and a JF-100-12. Wait - Tx already has my bucket list.]

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This floats all over the place for me. I have some super nice guitars that keep me satisfied. But the one I saw at GC last time and then looked it up is this one. I need to go play it. I've played the smaller one but this was built to keep up with the dreads in volume and tone. Whether it succeeds in that or not I could care less because I have a "no more dreads" policy. They're big and bulky and although they sound very nice, I find myself grabbing the smaller ones for comfort and playability. So this is what's on my radar right at this moment!! GC, here I come!!

The Breedlove all Myrtlewood Concerto E!!

Yq8bYF.jpg

Last edited:

ClydeTower

Reaction score
I'm loving everybody's bucket list choices so far... very enlightening! Think I might have to consider adding a few of these to my own list :)

Prince of Darkness

Reaction score
Guild Total
Never really thought too much about this before, but a few do spring to mind.

Starfire IV in red, because I always thought that Buddy Guy sounded best playing this.

Artist Award, because it just exudes class.

1952 Les Paul, because it is the original version of a legend. The one formerly owned by Duster Bennett looks stunning!

Stefan Sobell, because of the amazing craftsmanship and his approach to design. Also he builds his guitar in Northumberland, where I originally come from.

One guitar that is not on the list is the S-300, because I have one. If anything ever happened to it, it would go straight on the list! Of course if I had never owned one I would not be interested; you only appreciate them if you've played one:victorious: