Inlays - Anyone ever Had some installed?

Mark WW

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has ever had some block or other style inlays installed on a guitar with dot markers? If so were you happy with the outcome?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Mark, from Marc.

Someone else had these abalone blocks installed in my DV-52 before I bought it from a pawn shop on ebay years ago. I'm very happy with the outcome.

A3f6vm4.jpg

gavn2Pm.jpg

5P0bdNI.jpg

Mark WW

Reaction score
I never see or hear about anyone doing that but I really don't like the look of dot markers. Yours looks very well done!

JavelinaJoe

Reaction score
Guild Total
This may not appeal to everyone, but there's a guy in Japan that makes extremely realistic abalone and mother pearl inlay stickers for guitars. Its' called Inlay Stickers Jockomo. I've purchased some and they're very good quality, and fairly easy to install. Once installed its hard to tell their not real. For the cost it might also be a good way to see if you like the look of a particular color or shape. They are kind of tough to remove but it can be done without harming the guitar finish. Here's a link to his web site:

http://www.inlaystickers.com

Note: I have not used these on any of my Guilds. Only on some cheaper no name brands.

JJ

Last edited:

Mark WW

Reaction score
I have a set sitting in the mailing envelope. Just couldn't get myself to stick them on anything.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
As long as they come off and it's temporary, put 'em on and see! I like guitars to be original. My Breedlove has the tiniest little dots that you can hardly see, but the ebony is so beautiful I don't even care. It's the side dot markers that I use for guidance when I'm all over the fretboard, not any inlays. My guitars with big, beautiful inlays going on..... I don't even see them when I'm playing. They're more for the audience or me when I'm just LOOKING at the guitar.

You didn't say what guitar you're considering doing this on...... makes a difference, I think.

beecee

Reaction score
slight veer but why would Guild NOT put dots on the fret board of the F-212? Economics?

beecee

Reaction score
I'm nor expert on guitars but I cannot really think of another "good" guitar without

beecee

Reaction score
I guess I meant steel string.

So bad day for Kimi, great day for Valtteri!!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HAH

When Kim speaks Finnish he sounds like : "-äleFLKAnf-dmRNÄvbekjr eNRDfkaQKErqowjadksnc-ewkrjfihr3840934094092354oihr.wf.kjhf45rj235.j2j34jkkrufyosdfl<snrw…erb.whföo-w" - or something similar. . .
An old rusted door sounds more pleasant. Or dry shoe sole. But being where he is means he can drive "car" - if F1 racing units can be called cars.

How come you find that bottom row pic of him almost smiling? Very rare. . .

But back to original topic - I´ve seriously been thinking of getting a set of nice decal on my MIC OM-240CE for some bling.

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
slight veer but why would Guild NOT put dots on the fret board of the F-212? Economics?
Hans had once told me: "Most of the lower line Guild twelve strings didn't have position markers up till about the end of 1977. Position dots were introduced on the 12 strings during 1978." So not an answer to "why" but at least it was normal for the F-112, F-212, F-212XL, F-312, G212, G312.
Ralf