The Song Title Game

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Garden - John Denver

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" - Iron Butterfly.

My first rock concert. Middle school trip, yellow school bus pulling up the Spectrum in Philly and everything. Hey, what's that weird smell? Doesn't smell like cigarettes...

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" - Iron Butterfly.

My first rock concert. Middle school trip, yellow school bus pulling up the Spectrum in Philly and everything. Hey. what's that weird smell? Doesn't smell like cigarettes...

YEESH!
Never woulda caught my middle school pullin' a stunt like that.
We must-a been too close to San Francisco where rock bands had a certain reputation to uphold.

"San Francisco"-Scott McKenzie
(for those who may be scratching their heads, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" was originally "In the Garden of Eden".. and McKenzie exhorted his listeners to "be sure to wear some flowers in your hair")

Last edited:

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
YEESH!
Never woulda caught my middle school pullin' a stunt like that.
We must-a been too close to San Francisco where rock bands had a certain reputation to uphold.

A very liberal and progressive Main Line school district. I actually think it was a brilliant plot created and carried to completion by that year's student teachers. My recollection is they were the chaperones on the trip. Opening act was Savoy Brown. My partially-formed almost-pubescent brain concluded it liked Savoy Brown a LOT more than Iron Butterfly. The drum solo was as awful live as it was on record.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
There's only one way to guarantee that but then you'd never hear anything again... :shocked:
"That'll Be The Day"-Buddy Holly

That's what the "off" or "station changer" button is for - "American Pie", "One of These Nights", "I Can't Tell You Why", and a few more...

"Day After Day" - Badfinger

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
That's what the "off" or "station changer" button is for - "American Pie", "One of These Nights", "I Can't Tell You Why", and a few more...

"Day After Day" - Badfinger

walrus

I had a little bit, uh, darker and more permanent, implication in mind...
"Night After Night"-Jeff Beck (on Flash)
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Ff69cec584955834a9b9e12be4f2f8cb0.1000x990x1.jpg

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hide Your Love - The Rolling Stones

From Goats Head Soup, pretty much every song still amazing to this day.

Mick Taylor on guitar, maybe the best sound the Stones ever had.