The Song Title Game

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Basketball Jones" by Cheech and Chong. George Harrison plays guitar on both tracks. I hope this follows the rules but I was looking for an opportunity to use that song.
Yeah I got a few more I'm just itchin' to use myself.
:glee:
Of course I'd defer to whatever Walrus says as the thread creator, but I'm ok with it...
Thematic connection to Cheech and Chong:
"Low Rider"-War

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
"Basketball Jones" by Cheech and Chong. George Harrison plays guitar on both tracks. I hope this follows the rules but I was looking for an opportunity to use that song.

I included a link to that song in this previous LTG thread of (relatively) obscure "Harrison as a sideman" songs. Great stuff!

http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?191524-George-H&highlight=cheech+chong+basketball

Back to the game:

"Basketball Jones" by Cheech and Chong

"Me and Mrs. Jones" - Billy Paul

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Rx (medicate) ...Theory of a deadman

"A Day in the Life" -Beatles (dead man thematic connection)

rah-letter-to-epstein.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Love the letter, Al!
Thought you would!
:glee:
Actually stumbled across it when trying to confirm my memory of one of the background tracks in the fadeout, contained a comment "Is he dead, father?" IIRC; which I always assumed was a reference to the earlier "blew his mind out in a car" lyric, kind of a full circle closure to clarify that it was indeed about an auto wreck and an intentional reference to Tara Browne's crash on John's part even though Paul contradicted that years later.
Sure "blew his mind out" might have been a double-entendre but it was based on a real accident; not a fantasy of a politician getting high in a car.
And now John's reply:
lennon-response-620x347.jpg

from here:
https://www.royalalberthall.com/abo...tles-lyric-newly-discovered-documents-reveal/
"Life's Been Good" - Joe Walsh
walrus

"Good Times. Bad Times"-Led Zeppelin
(always one of my all-time faves of theirs)
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Gary Gilmore's Eyes" - The Adverts

Is that letter from The Albert Hall meant to be taken seriously? Seems tongue -in-cheek, like an Onion piece.
At the time apparently they were quite serious. My link (in the post with John's reply) was to an article published on the Hall's own website, detailing the discovery of it in their long-neglected archives.

"These Eyes"-The Guess Who

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
At the time apparently they were quite serious. My link (in the post with John's reply) was to an article published on the Hall's own website, detailing the discovery of it in their long-neglected archives.

"These Eyes"-The Guess Who

This would have been even better five weeks ago :biggrin-new:

"Gypsy Woman" - The Saints

The The - "Controversial Subject"