The Song Title Game

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"The Song is Over" ...... The Who

Was H to He re-issued later with a different cover ? That ain't the one I remember

Could be, mine is a darker purple and it's a fold out,
Original Charisma pressing, ah, like this one:
maxresdefault.jpg

interior:
Van%2BDer%2BGraaf%2BGenerator%2B-%2BInside.jpg

But always liked the inside of "Pawn Hearts" best:
IMG_5392.jpg

and I think you're only the second or 3rd person here who ever mentioned knowledge of VDGG.... Jeff, did you know about Fripp guesting on these 2 albums?
:friendly_wink:

"Your Song" - Elton John

walrus
"The Song Remains The Same"- Lead Balloon, er Led Zeppelin

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the album featuring a fold-out cover and the front cover featured a VDGG "arcing", all presented very darkly. I guess we got a less luxey version here. Regretfully, I no longer have the album to check it.
Wouldn't surprise me.
We used to see different versions of the same album for French and British markets when I was a kid in early '70's, at the then-revolutionary imported record specialty store.
I'm sure it had to do at least a little bit with distribution royalties, and who knows, maybe cover art too.
Polydor released Hendrix stuff we never saw in the US, for example, and some of it got repackaged on Barclay for France.
Of course he's not the best example because of Mike Jeffery's byzantine financial shenanigans, but still...lessee...PFM's US releases were substantially altered.
I think Genesis' US versions differed slightly too, but my friends were much bigger fans than I was.
The Cry of Love album...Jimi Hendrix 1st posthumous album
Actually technically it was Band of Gypsys but the case is easily made for Cry of Love being Hendrix's actual current work in progress at the time, while "Gypsys" was simply a contractual obligation fulfillment, although he was developing new material that appeared on it.
EDIT: WHOOPSIE! You're right, got my dating backwards!
And actually bought Rainbow Bridge first out of the 3...

"When Doves Cry"-Prince

Last edited:

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Continuing the Van der Graaf Generator hijack, see this thread.

And this photo replacing the one lost to the Photobucket FUBAR:

4CWU9Ts.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh, and "Sugar and Spice" - The Cryan Shames

Last edited: