The Song Title Game

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
BTW Walrus, that Hendrix song "Angel" is absolutely beautiful; what sweet, masterful guitar licks. How did he do that? I'm sure he practiced a lot, but I think he also must have been born with some kind of innate understanding of musical patterns and relationships.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
BTW Walrus, that Hendrix song "Angel" is absolutely beautiful; what sweet, masterful guitar licks. How did he do that? I'm sure he practiced a lot, but I think he also must have been born with some kind of innate understanding of musical patterns and relationships.

"How did he do that?" is the ultimate question regarding Hendrix! IMO, perhaps the most unique and innovative electric guitarist there ever was and will be.

Ghost Riders in the Sky by Johnny Monroe (?) and IMO sung best by Riders in the Sky

"Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" The Beatles

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Indian Reservation" - Paul Revere and the Raiders

walrus

Interesting, thought that was a Mark Lindsay solo effort, don't remember hearing it on radio until late '69 or so.
Maybe they were playing it in "sympathy" with the Indian take-over of Alcatraz that year.
"Cherokee Mist"-Jimi Hendrix

[video]https://www.google.com/search?ei=2oonXv_cM6uw0PEP3M2DUA&q=cherokee+mist+jimi+hendrix&oq=cherokee+mist+jimi+hendrix&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0..64540...0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.u_QGpy0gDgA&ved=0ahUKEwj_sYf07ZXnAhUrGDQIHdzmAAoQ4dUDCAo#spf=1 579649910604[/video]

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Interesting, thought that was a Mark Lindsay solo effort, don't remember hearing it on radio until late '69 or so.
Maybe they were playing it in "sympathy" with the Indian take-over of Alcatraz that year.

"Cherokee Mist"-Jimi Hendrix

When I think of Lindsay solo, I always think of "Arizona"...

"Apache" - The Shadows

walrus