The Song Title Game

crowlibrarian

Reaction score
'All My Loving' - The Beatles
I've Been Loving You - Otis Redding

[An aside if not breaking Bobs Rules of Order (ok, had a couple of friends over to celebrate, social distancing appropriately, our first day of Phase I reopening in Oregon. A couple bottle of wine were consumed and even a new guitar lick learned, so I hope you'lll forgive me this diversion) - I love this game because it reminds me of when I was 16, my girlfriend and I would talk for hours on the phone and one of the things we loved to do is go back and forth naming all of the bands we knew of. She had an encyclopedic knowledge of R&B, blues, country, rock, jazz, and every other variety of music that a young person devouring music in '71-3 could possibly have. She passed away a couple of years ago (those of you who've listened to Notes of Blue that I posted in another thread - it's about her.) She could have played a game like this endlessly without reference to the Internet or any other resource, backed by her love for her record collection that numbered in the thousands by the time we parted even before she married our friend with as much of a collection, and a mind that remembered sets of songs from concerts we saw together afer we married in the mid- to late-70s onward. This post/reply/entry in the Song Thread Title game is dedicated to Caroline. I'll try not to do this again. Thanks for the joy of playing with you folks. It's helped me make it through these last couple of months]

Last edited: