Otis Taylor=-Shakies Gone

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This guy might be the most important modern blues guy I bet 99% of you never heard of yet.
Heard this coming in on the Stanford college station and locked on, one of those tunes that grabbed me by the ears and wouldn't let go:

"Resurrection Blues":

Didn't even know who it was at first so waited for artist credits to be announced and lo and behold he's the artist of the week on the Friday morning blues show.
I feel so vindicated!
:emmersed:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Think there's a one vid per post limit her, but this is the tune that turned me on to him quite a while back:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Vids posted here have been blank black boxes for me recently as well...figured it's something to do with my older laptop and older browser IE11...I'll try it with Edge...Microsoft did update recently...

Update: Videos load in Edge no problem. Do not load in fully updated IE11. Everything else on LTG works in IE11. So anyone getting the blank black boxes where the vids should be just needs to use an updated browser unless our great leader makes the vids compatible/supported again with IE11.

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Really good stuff for sure. Taylor's vibe reminds me of Robert Pete Williams, a great under-the-radar blues/folk guy from the '60s, though they do sound different.

-Dave-