Saddle source - 73 F-212

AZLiberty

Reaction score
Decided to restring my F-212, adjust the truss rods (excessive relief - I like things flatter) and fit a new saddle since the one on her is really too low.

And...

It's a oddball size. Because of course it is. Because Guild.

I measure 0.98" thick, 2.995 long. (presumably this is a nominal 3/32 x 3")

Ideas?

I don't mind minor fitting, but I'm not sanding a .125" down to .100 thickness.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bob Colosi. I have fitted his 3/32" Martin saddles to my Guild six strings without much problem. Just work slow and test fit a lot. If he doesn't list one long enough, you can send him your old saddle and he will copy it. He's pretty quick...

bobouz

Reaction score
I'm partial to the brighter tone of Tusq saddles. The two models they describe as being cut for Martins (compensated & non-compensated) will fit '70s 6-string Guilds with little modification.

These may also be in the right ballpark for your 12-string, but you'll have to check to be sure.

AZLiberty

Reaction score
Another vote for Bob Colosi. Great guy to deal with and great products.

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/

I have bought from Bob before. I think a simple "make me a Martin Saddle but cut it to 3.0" instead of 2-13/16" would actually do it. His prices are pretty fair though his shipping always strikes me as excessive.

Looks like it's moot at this point. I just agreed to sell the guitar to songwriter Larry Pattis up in Oregon. She really needs a neck reset, and Larry doesn't mind having that done, at which point he will also have a new saddle made.

Bittersweet, because it's a birth-year guitar, but I am really trying to limit the number of wooden instruments I own these days.

(besides, maybe I can find an F-312, ya never know)

AZLiberty

Reaction score
*sigh*

My buyer wants to return it because he thinks the bridge has been shaved. So looks like I'll be getting her back (at his expense).
I see no evidence of this, and I would think relpacing the bridge when he has the neck reset would cost less than shipping her back.

I'm going to buy a .100 " blank off of e-bay and fully form it myself. I'll pay less than I would pay Bob C. in shipping.